Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

saints10coach

Whitebank

Just been searching for the article, but the archives do not seem to go back that far. But this article certainly fits in with the time scale http://www.roughyeds...aded/#more-5138.

There is no reference to '5 years grace' in this article SC?! Again, if we've been given this grace by the RFL, that is fantastic news.......but nothing has ever been in the public domain to that effect?

There is no reference to '5 years grace' in this article SC?! Again, if we've been given this grace by the RFL, that is fantastic news.......but nothing has ever been in the public domain to that effect?

I stated in my post that the archives do not go back that far. However the the statement "plan to upgrade Whitebank over three or four years to a stadium that will comply with minimum standards for the Championship" seems to fit in with the 5 years that I am alluding to. Memory fades and you start to doubt yourself, when challenged so confidently. So whether it was a printed article or a verbal statement I cannot remember, but the memory is still there.

I stated in my post that the archives do not go back that far. However the the statement "plan to upgrade Whitebank over three or four years to a stadium that will comply with minimum standards for the Championship" seems to fit in with the 5 years that I am alluding to. Memory fades and you start to doubt yourself, when challenged so confidently. So whether it was a printed article or a verbal statement I cannot remember, but the memory is still there.

I can assure you that is information never put into the public domain SC........although I can't for the life of me think why not as it would be great news if it is the case!!!

I remember something being said or written when we got Whitebank at first but like you i can't remember where or when. Sorry!

I have not made it up, and would not have the information if it had not been released into the public domain. I don't read The Times, but if they are the only paper to run with a story, I do not deny that it happened.

I have not made it up, and would not have the information if it had not been released into the public domain. I don't read The Times, but if they are the only paper to run with a story, I do not deny that it happened.

Well let's just cross our fingers and hope it's true......it would be by far the best news to come out since OMBC acquired Whitebank for us!

Salford stand is in storage and will not take long to erect following council approval.

3-4 year plan was publicised by the club but I like all of us would like to see improvement on and off the pitch sooner rather than later. It would lift moral of all to see something started.

Agree entirely Rugbyman1, we all know the honeymoon period is over with Whitebank is over. Visible improvements would enthuse the fans again, and allow the momentum to start building to a better future for the club.

Club chairman Hamilton said: “We have also been working with third-party organisations which have a big part to play in what we are trying to achieve. Things have happened, outside our control, to adversely affect the situation

i assume the "third party organisation" is salford?

if salford have donated this stand.........i'll never have a bad word said about salford again

i assume the "third party organisation" is salford?

if salford have donated this stand.........i'll never have a bad word said about salford again

They have donated the stand plus other items, I have actually seen some of the stand where its being held in storage, I think we may have had to chip in a bit of money towards the dismantling by the demolition company

Couple of things, first of all the stand shown sits on level ground. So unless it;s going to be at the bottom, then there is going to need to be some levelling.

In fact, does anyone apart from me think that it would be prudent to level the entire pitch??

And secondly, it's ironic how Salford felt the only way forward was to move, yet it's an improvement for us to have their old stand.

Shows how far we have got to go to get to the top level.

To me, priorty should be spent on levelling the surface and most importantly, improving the playing surface fit for professional sportsman. The surface is shambolic for sport at our level.

Lots of words: no information.

HOW MANY MORE TIMES!!

As for 'five years grace' b****cks. Can be settled by 'phoning the RFL

Let us know how you get on!

Couple of things, first of all the stand shown sits on level ground. So unless it;s going to be at the bottom, then there is going to need to be some levelling.

In fact, does anyone apart from me think that it would be prudent to level the entire pitch??

And secondly, it's ironic how Salford felt the only way forward was to move, yet it's an improvement for us to have their old stand.

Shows how far we have got to go to get to the top level.

it was the newest stand at the willows,theres nothing wrong with it and theres certainly nothing old about it.

as for the pitch.....the whole site needs tidying up and leveling!!

newsalfordstand.jpg

Think this latest statement is really disappointing because it says nothing - no real explanations about the reasons for the delay. Tell us - we will understand then!

Supporters are getting seriously frustrated at the lack of progress at Whitebank. This gives no indication as to when things will progress - just another example of the mushroom principle in operation at the club.

Think this latest statement is really disappointing because it says nothing - no real explanations about the reasons for the delay. Tell us - we will understand then!

Supporters are getting seriously frustrated at the lack of progress at Whitebank. This gives no indication as to when things will progress - just another example of the mushroom principle in operation at the club.

I'm sorry it's not an example of mushroom principle at all. It's common prudent business practice.

You don't make business sensitive discussions and checks public in case it slows or scuppers the process.

It's common sense, not CH hiding anything.

why should he.

I'm sorry it's not an example of mushroom principle at all. It's common prudent business practice.

You don't make business sensitive discussions and checks public in case it slows or scuppers the process.

It's common sense, not CH hiding anything.

why should he.

So why heighten expectations by stating an October meeting date in the first instance? Obviously we shouldn't hold our breath....but not to worry apparently we have got 5 years grace from the RFL!

The Whitebank fiasco is killing the club.

Just when a new, dynamic coaching team is in place and good progress is being made on the recrruitment of players the ground issue raises it's ugly head again.

Whitebank is a problem not a solution.