Luke makes it 3 in a week

19122.jpg

Gateshead Thunder are delighted to announce their third new signing in a week, with the capture of Fullback Luke Hardcastle.

A team mate of Thunder's latest new recruit Callum Taylor at Hull KR last season, he is also the brother of Benn Hardcastle - Thunder's first new signing of the 2013 season.

Luke commented:

"I had a really good season in 2012 and I feel that Thunder is the next step in my professional career."

"I still have ambitions to play at the highest level possible and with the squad that is being put together and the vision that the club has, I feel that I can achieve this with Thunder."

"I've spoken to a lot of people about the club, the area and the fans and I'm looking forward to starting next season's preperations soon."

Head Coach Kevin Neighbour said of the signing:

"Luke is a confident player with a safe pair of hands and a lot of playing experience."

"His tour to Australia with Hull KR last season and the subsequent Academy season, alongside the fact he is playing during the professional off-season with Hull Dockers like his brother, means that we will have a very fit and excited player on our hands come pre-season."

The 20 year old fullback or pivot is also excited to be joining his brother at Thunder next season.

"It's also a big plus that I am joining the same clubs as my brother."

"Its obvious that we know a lot about our playing styles and I hope that that can give us both a good advantage come the beginning of the season."

http://www.thunderrugby.com/article.php?id=9594

GATESHEAD THUNDER

www.ThunderRugby.com

2011 The Co-operative Championships Community Programme of the Year

2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup Quarter Finalists

2008 The Co-operative National League 2 Champions

TWITTER - @ThunderRugby

EMAIL - info@ThunderRugby.com

Archived