Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheesecretary

Skirlaugh v Leigh East

119 posts in this topic

Why should they get off easts back if they pusposely dont forfill a fixture because they no they have no chance of winning with a depleated team they desurve the book throwing at them

As I said before what happened to BDH and Egremont last year when they didn't turn up for a fixture ??? It looks like people want to kick Easts when are down !!!

As I said before what happened to BDH and Egremont last year when they didn't turn up for a fixture ??? It looks like people want to kick Easts when are down !!!

I do not think it is a case of kicking Easts when they are down. The main question is why did they inform Skirlaugh at 13:55 when they must have known mid morning they were not coming to Hull (for whatever reason). This late cancellation was unacceptable, an early phone call should have been made. I see no one has yet give a reason for the very very late call.

Both clubs havn't arranged to play the game. The NCL or to be more correct Trevor Hunt TOLD the Skirlaugh secretary at 3.00pm last Saturday that the game will be played next Saturday without consulting any of his fellow committee Trevor Hunt made the decision not the two clubs Typical Lancashire cover-up

Wouldn't the players sooner play the game than collect an 24 - 0 win in the bar?

I do not think it is a case of kicking Easts when they are down. The main question is why did they inform Skirlaugh at 13:55 when they must have known mid morning they were not coming to Hull (for whatever reason). This late cancellation was unacceptable, an early phone call should have been made. I see no one has yet give a reason for the very very late call.

If you've ever been in this position you will know that your time could been taken up chasing the coach firm, Easts could have been chasing a NCL committee person, did they try and fail to make contact with West Hull so that they could let Skirlaugh know ;) etc, the list is endless and breakdown in communications happen.

I have always found that an NCL rep is available by phone whenever i have contacted them on a saturday.

Bullfrog you are eactly right. Based on the information provided by Mr Chairman, the people at Leigh East had 3 hours (at the minimum) to notify Skirlaugh that they wouldn't be coming. However busy they were with the bus company or with committee member of the NCL, they had plenty of time to ring Skirlaugh.

However well run Leigh East used to be while you were involved Mr Chairman, it is obviously not that well run now!

Bullfrog you are eactly right. Based on the information provided by Mr Chairman, the people at Leigh East had 3 hours (at the minimum) to notify Skirlaugh that they wouldn't be coming. However busy they were with the bus company or with committee member of the NCL, they had plenty of time to ring Skirlaugh.

However well run Leigh East used to be while you were involved Mr Chairman, it is obviously not that well run now!

Well could it just come down to putting off that dreaded phone call and the major problem at one of the amateur games biggest clubs just happens to be the switch to summer and not the committee.

Well could it just come down to putting off that dreaded phone call and the major problem at one of the amateur games biggest clubs just happens to be the switch to summer and not the committee.

hahaha......of course, summer rugby is to blame........ :blink:

hahaha......of course, summer rugby is to blame........ :blink:

More than Easts been having problems and I don't have a clue how these will be overcome without a lot of players getting a divorce.

Absolute rubbish. Not everything is down to your hatred from the Summer months you know.

As a so called respected journalist for a so called respected rugby league journal, i find your comments rather insulting.

Without knowing the exact facts you should stay well out of it and report on the incident when the fact come out.

This is not the first time youve written dribble about clubs and players so keep your comments to your self PLEASE untli you know the facts.

Your nearly as bad as Phil(The winter)Hodgson

Sparks is not Ryan Sparks.

Ryan has an account on here under the name of RyanSparks that he has occasionally used to post on here. If you use the search bar at the top and enter Sparks and then change it from Topics to Members it brings up 3 results Sparks, RyanSparks and sparks1.

A case of 2+2=5 there Longman

Sparks is not Ryan Sparks.

Ryan has an account on here under the name of RyanSparks that he has occasionally used to post on here. If you use the search bar at the top and enter Sparks and then change it from Topics to Members it brings up 3 results Sparks, RyanSparks and sparks1.

A case of 2+2=5 there Longman

I stand corrected.

I probably was a bit too quick with my response.

However who ever he is and to all the other knockers, they should get creditable facts before they start their smeer mongery.

Let the powers to be at the NCL sort it out.

Maybe the lads walked to the clubhouse or got dropped off by a loved one.

It seems both clubs have arranged to play the game so whats the big deal.

no big deal i just think it will open the flood gates now when team can not feild a strong team, one rule for one and one rule for another its seams reading some of the post on here

Absolute rubbish. Not everything is down to your hatred from the Summer months you know.

your correct, not everyone is against summer, only 95% :rolleyes:

there is a lot about this story that doesnt stack up to me.

east would havebooked the bus for 11am at the latest (allow a bit of tie for paniking when it doesnt arrive and then phoning the bus company to see what has gone on) they would have known what the situation was at 11.45am latest.

for me any ncl club worth there salt would have contact the opposition and explained the problem to the opposition and league. fearing the repercussions any club would then have scrambled around to get enough cars to get players and kit up to hull for a possibly delayed kick off. what they would have to shell out in petrol would be less than the cost of the coach. the fact they havent done any of this leads me to be very suspicious that it was a little more planned. id like to be worng but if the ncl doesnt throw the book at them it will leave them wide open to similar thinks happening again

My hatred of the summer game stopped a club 90 miles away from travelling :O

With all your powers of gaining 2nd hand info within the game you find the real reason why Easts never travelled, please also ask why that situation developed at such a well run club.

My hatred of the summer game stopped a club 90 miles away from travelling :O

With all your powers of gaining 2nd hand info within the game you find the real reason why Easts never travelled, please also ask why that situation developed at such a well run club.

I've no idea why, but then I'm not the one speculating.

there is a lot about this story that doesnt stack up to me.

east would havebooked the bus for 11am at the latest (allow a bit of tie for paniking when it doesnt arrive and then phoning the bus company to see what has gone on) they would have known what the situation was at 11.45am latest.

for me any ncl club worth there salt would have contact the opposition and explained the problem to the opposition and league. fearing the repercussions any club would then have scrambled around to get enough cars to get players and kit up to hull for a possibly delayed kick off. what they would have to shell out in petrol would be less than the cost of the coach. the fact they havent done any of this leads me to be very suspicious that it was a little more planned. id like to be worng but if the ncl doesnt throw the book at them it will leave them wide open to similar thinks happening again

I'm with you on this Sergei!

Nothing to do with kicking them while they are down it just gets to me that if it was for the reason that is being sugested that they couldnt field a strong enough team to have a chance of winning how many clubs this year been a prime example have gone away with short numbers and under 18 making up the numbers knowing full well there going to get tonked so why should they get away with it? Its not a witch hunt but we have all been on the end of bad loses because of depleted teams thats why people are anoyed

Nothing to do with kicking them while they are down it just gets to me that if it was for the reason that is being sugested that they couldnt field a strong enough team to have a chance of winning how many clubs this year been a prime example have gone away with short numbers and under 18 making up the numbers knowing full well there going to get tonked so why should they get away with it? Its not a witch hunt but we have all been on the end of bad loses because of depleted teams thats why people are anoyed

I've no idea why, but then I'm not the one speculating.

Hatred of the summer game?

From what I'm told the Ncl will relegate or throw east out of the league win or lose on Saturday . If that's right then shame on the Ncl for letting the players travel on Saturday . Not the players fault and poor decision making from the Ncl if true. These lads have families and work commitments so why not just make the decision now

From what I'm told the Ncl will relegate or throw east out of the league win or lose on Saturday . If that's right then shame on the Ncl for letting the players travel on Saturday . Not the players fault and poor decision making from the Ncl if true. These lads have families and work commitments so why not just make the decision now

It is the rules! The league cannot expel Leigh East but if the explanation given to the NCL is deemed unsatisfactory then they are automatically relegated, docked 2 league points and fined up to £500. If they do not play the remaining fixture and fail to complete their programme of fixtures then would be fined a further £500. It is not as simple as just giving a team the 2 points. I am aware in this case that it doesn't affect anything else but if Skirlaugh were a point behind Oulton and were just handed the points for a game they could have lost then this would rightfully cause uproar. The NCL is as good as it is for a reason - the fact that these standards are in place to protect the integrity of the competition and the interests of ALL of the member clubs.

OP1.30 Points will not be awarded to Clubs for any reason and all scheduled games shall be played

OP1.21 Any Club failing to fulfil a League or Grand Final Series Play Off fixture without an explanation which satisfies the Management Committee may, in addition to being relegated from its respective division at the conclusion of the playing season, be fined up to £500.

OP1.22 The Management Committee shall impose upon that Club the deduction from its playing record of two League points and in the case of a club having failed a League fixture and completion of its programme, a further £500 will apply.

Peter Moran and his committee have all the facts I'm told and are holding them back just to get this game played as per rules as you say but for gods sake tell the club what's going to happen to them then maybe a lot of kids don't need to play in a meaningless game . East could then send the second team . The result does not effect any other club so your phrase regarding oulton is hyperthetiical