Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bulldogs17

Squad Complete Who would your 17 be?

11 posts in this topic

I know some of the players will be a bit of a mystery but how would you line up if the first fixture was tomorrow. I'd go with:

1. Greenwood

2. Potts

3. Walton

4. Faal

5. Johnson

6. Black

7. Moore

8. Smith

9. Mennell

10. Fleming/Leary

11. Applegarth

12. Davies

13. Lindsay

14. Flanagan

15. Hirst

16. Rowe

17. Bretherton/Esders

Think we are still a prop short, however dual reg may help with that as the season goes on.

I'd have JC in before Johnson. Apart from that I wouldn't change much I don't think

I know some of the players will be a bit of a mystery but how would you line up if the first fixture was tomorrow. I'd go with:

1. Greenwood

2. Potts

3. Walton

4. Faal

5. Johnson

6. Black

7. Moore

8. Smith

9. Mennell

10. Fleming/Leary

11. Applegarth

12. Davies

13. Lindsay

14. Flanagan

15. Hirst

16. Rowe

17. Bretherton/Esders

Think we are still a prop short, however dual reg may help with that as the season goes on.

deleted post.

I'd have JC in before Johnson. Apart from that I wouldn't change much I don't think

If you are leaving johnson out because you are not comfortable about his signing fine, if you are leaving him out on footballing grounds, I'd say it would be a mistake. The guy isn't just a sprinter but a damned good footballer too - almost certainly be the quickest in the division, and TBH too good for the championship. If he gets game time with the dogs, I would think it's only a matter of time before he gets another shot at SL. Mind you the crowds in SL might not let him forget his off field problems so easily, ask poor old Monaghan at warrington. :rolleyes:

Have to agree, whatever your opinion of Johnson, theres no doubting he was a terrific prospect before 'the incident'.

Overall Squad looks ok, but to me theres something missing but cant quite put my finger on what it is.

I Would have Potts and JC as my first choice. They were both playing well and in our last game where Sheffield stuffed us JC was the only player who turned up for us.

Have to agree, whatever your opinion of Johnson, theres no doubting he was a terrific prospect before 'the incident'.

Overall Squad looks ok, but to me theres something missing but cant quite put my finger on what it is.

I know what you mean , no big signing , maybe keeping Blackie is the marquee signing , and no one that shouts out to be Captain , but on the positive side , think we have strengthened the squad in every department , with players that can play in more than one position , Im looking forward to this season , having the fastest wingers/full backs in the division

Agree with Bob in that I think we have more quality in depth this season, but I can also see BTJ's point in that we perhaps haven't made an X Factor signing for next year. The important thing for me is we've kept all our best players from last season, and added to these with our recruitment, particularly in important positions where i personally felt we were lacking, i.e. Centre and the Back Row. We are also going to have a very pacy, potent backline to add to a big, strong pack where we have a plethera of options.

Of course if get injuries in key positions we may suffer, but the same applies to every other club in the division.

Hard to pick a team yet as not seen all the players as of yet, but if I had to it would be:

1. Greenwood

2. Potts

3. Faal

4. Walton

5. Campbell

6. Black

7. Moore

8. Smith/Fleming

9. Mennell

10 Hirst

11. Applegarth

12. Davies

13.Lindsay

14. Flanaghan

15. Rowe

16. Alex Walmsley

17. Esders

If Alex W isn't available then Fleming on the bench.

In reserve:

Maun

Johnson - will push quickly for a first team slot though

Hemmingway

Whitmore

Potter

Bretherton

Leary

Liam Walmsley

Applegarth as Captain with Black and Mennell as Vice Captains

Well what I saw of Davies when we played them at home I would have Esder's in his place, he lacked size and had a poor game.