Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Batley Bulldogs 28 Dewsbury Rams 18 - discuss the match here

150 posts in this topic

Now see what you've done - you've set the "my dad's bigger than your dad" debate off again. :O

Agreed trouble is they still have and aiways will have the inferior or underdog complex. :D :D :D

Take away the Batley 300 club and your left with glory hunters.Trouble is theyve not seen any glory.

£160 to watch a one season wonders.

plus were not the ones that cant afford to play under floodlights.There skint and they know they are.

Difference is watching a top team or the Rams who are relegation candidates, with an unproven coach and a team of kids! Perhaps you can emulate the magnificent season of being unbeaten in 2014 when you are back in Champ 1.

So, back on track, a team of youngsters with a few good old heads leading them and a new coach to impress versus an established side , albeit without one of the first choice half backs.

I'll say the more settled side (the Bulldogs) by 10 points; but after last seasons' fixture nowt would suprise me.

BOXING DAY PREDICTION SCORES

I predict that whatever the score it will have no bearing what so ever on what happens when the season starts for real.....

Your talking garbage Mr A, but that does qualify you as a Rams fan I suppose

Your grammar is appalling!

Your - Belonging to you. You're - Abbreviation of you are.

Rams - Plural. Rams' - Possessive plural.

By the way, I reckon the 'Dogs (note the apostrophe) will do well this year. Third or fourth I would have thought.

Spelly.

And just to reassure the constantly intelligent, witty and knowledgeable Equalizer that we are far from skint. Probably in a better financial position than we have for a long time. The 2pm kick offs have been arranged for an altogether different reason.

Agree with Nick D though...the result is irrelevant in respect of what may lay ahead during the course of the season.

Still, be good to have some Rugby.

For what it's worth I think we'll finish 4/5th, with the Rams pushing for top 6. Impossible to say though really, far too much to take into account, including injuries.

Your grammar is appalling!

Your - Belonging to you. You're - Abbreviation of you are.

Rams - Plural. Rams' - Possessive plural.

By the way, I reckon the 'Dogs (note the apostrophe) will do well this year. Third or fourth I would have thought.

Spelly.

What a deadly repost sir, I shall write out 100 hundred times "I mustnt upset teacher"

What a deadly repost sir, I shall write out 100 hundred times "I mustnt upset teacher"

I don't think teacher would be happy

Don't mean to be picky PM, but you've missed out the apostrophe in mustn't. If you write it out one hundred times, that makes you one hundred apostrophes down. How are you going to live with that ? :O

Ha Ha you spotted my deliberate mistake........ or did you :ph34r:

I hope the Rams stuff Batley on Boxing Day!

Don't mean to be picky PM, but you've missed out the apostrophe in mustn't. If you write it out one hundred times, that makes you one hundred apostrophes down. How are you going to live with that ? :O

It's living with it 10,000 times. He won't have any wrist action left.

It's living with it 10,000 times. He won't have any wrist action left.

Thats a bit harsh thats more apostrophes contained in the bible :D :D :D

Difference is watching a top team or the Rams who are relegation candidates, with an unproven coach and a team of kids! Perhaps you can emulate the magnificent season of being unbeaten in 2014 when you are back in Champ 1.

we aren't really relegation candidates PM, 2011 was just a really bad year, with a really bad side.

we aren't really relegation candidates PM, 2011 was just a really bad year, with a really bad side.

Don't want to rain on the parade kelsey - but a fair number of that bad side are signed up for next year. ;)

Theres nowt wrong with the players weve resigned and one thing for sure the young uns are so eager to impress Boxing Day will not be a lame affair.

Take away the Batley 300 club and your left with glory hunters.Trouble is theyve not seen any glory.

£160 to watch a one season wonders.

plus were not the ones that cant afford to play under floodlights.There skint and they know they are.

I would prefer an earlier start time to be honest. I seem to spend most of the day waiting for 3pm. I'd vote for 2pm anytime and if the doggies are saving a few bob, good for them. I doubt we have money to throw at the elecy company either. An earlier start might also improve bar takings after the game.

Don't want to rain on the parade kelsey - but a fair number of that bad side are signed up for next year. ;)

Are you sure GOR?

2012 came in between remember!

Are you sure GOR?

2012 came in between remember!

That's pedantic even for you BSJ :rolleyes: However - Craven,Spicer,Buchanan,Cosgrove,Tonks and Tebbs were all signed on in 2011 weren't they ? ;)

just looking forward to a decent game,doubt it will set the pace for the season but a couple a pints and a bit a fresh air will do me fine. i think dewsbury will have a good season with the fresh coaching staff and new players fitting in with the older lads.am sure the new coach will allow the players get stuck in and enjoy what there doing unlike wj did. heres to a good game and flanny getting on score sheet. a batley win will set me up for my week in the sun few hours after game B) merry christmas dews fans.

just looking forward to a decent game,doubt it will set the pace for the season but a couple a pints and a bit a fresh air will do me fine. i think dewsbury will have a good season with the fresh coaching staff and new players fitting in with the older lads.am sure the new coach will allow the players get stuck in and enjoy what there doing unlike wj did. heres to a good game and flanny getting on score sheet. a batley win will set me up for my week in the sun few hours after game B) merry christmas dews fans.

Fair comment SB. A decent game and getting out of the house will do me too. I hope the weather warms up a bit mind - hate this one to be postponed.

:unsure:

With only two weeks to the Boxing Day game,thought i might bring up my team for the game,

1=Craven

2=Morton

3=Beckett

4=Spicer

5=Akaidere

6=Coleman

7=Spaven

8=Esposito

9=Wright

10=Spiers

11=Hepworth

12=Tonks

13=Gallagher

14Hale

15=Tebb

16=Brown

17=Aizue

18=Lillcrop

19=Cosgrove

20=Scott

CRAVEN

AKAIDERE

SCOTT

BECKET

MORTON

COLEMAN

SPAVIN

HEPWORTH

WRIGHT

SPIERS

HALE

SPICER

BROWN

TEBB

TONKS

COSGROVE

LILLYCROP

AIZUE

GALLAGHER

ESPOSITO

CRAVEN

AKAIDERE

SCOTT

BECKET

MORTON

COLEMAN

SPAVIN

HEPWORTH

WRIGHT

SPIERS

HALE

SPICER

BROWN

TEBB

TONKS

COSGROVE

LILLYCROP

AIZUE

GALLAGHER

ESPOSITO

I'd say that would be about right DTID - looking down the list though, it highlights our lack of depth in the backs - I assume GM will address that when he negotiates the DR's with the bulls. Is Johnson ineligible for the friendlies ?