Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Batley Bulldogs 28 Dewsbury Rams 18 - discuss the match here

150 posts in this topic

Both of them have always carried a bit of weight, especially Gallagher. I remembr Karl harrison saying that he was always a talented player whose body had let him down. He will still do a job for you though. Coleman looked a little weighty too but I am sure he can soon get in shape. He was always a big lad too,going right back to his student days for Leeds Met. However, he does not rely on pace for his game. I think he might become the centre of everything your team does.

Coleman will be a star for you.

Keighley should have built a team around him. He was a very good player whenever he played for us.

Coleman will be a star for you.

Keighley should have built a team around him. He was a very good player whenever he played for us.

Impressed me on boxing day, I saw a video of him and I was a fan of him then due to what I saw. The video was a Keighley one like

Rambo, my thoughts exactly. We are a weaker team than last and we have a coach new to CC rugby and new to being a head coach. We will be up against settled, experienced sides with experienced coaches with bigger playing budgets and squads. We finished seventh last season, logic suggests we will do well to match that.

The good news is Fev aside we have some winnable games at the start of the season, so it will be a chance to build some confidence and hopefully get some wins under our belt.

Can't be a better time to face Fev? Early in the season before the newbies have had time to settle in?

FFs wonder when the moaning brigade would start up.If we lose against fax and bfd they will deffo be calling for the coaches head.Echo whats been said first match young side its a shame Batley was the first of the friendly games.When the season starts it will be a different performance .The young lad from cas could go to 7 jy to 6 and Brown to 13.Either way lets not get too depressed yet.

Well I thought we did very well with what is a brand new squad, almost. If Batley were miles better where is the evidence. 5 tries to 4, Batley at home, we missed 4 kicks at goal Batley missed one. Had the kicks gone over it would have been 30-24.Miles better my a**se!

I've got to agree with you Young Un.

he was 38 when he left huddesfield!!

diddnt they play against the touring barla side in 1982

(not sure who was captain yesterday and the fact it's not obvious is the point)

Glenn's not appointed one yet.

Aizue seemed unfit as well.

I thought he put in a great shift.

we have a coach new to CC rugby and new to being a head coach

GM was head coach of Wakefield under-20s last season, and his assistant played at Championships level for 14 years.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but may I remind the moaners of this time last year, when a new head coach signed a wealth of players ahead of Boxing Day and saw his side comfortably beaten by their local rivals.

The losing team went on to finish 5th - 15 points clear of the winners!

I think the Rams fans are panicing far too early (give it till easter at least). I may come and cheer on the ex Dogs at the next game against fax. How much is it in and can I park next to the entrance 5 minutes before kick off time?

Both of them have always carried a bit of weight, especially Gallagher. I remembr Karl harrison saying that he was always a talented player whose body had let him down. He will still do a job for you though. Coleman looked a little weighty too but I am sure he can soon get in shape. He was always a big lad too,going right back to his student days for Leeds Met. However, he does not rely on pace for his game. I think he might become the centre of everything your team does.

Nigh on fifty years I've supported em, and in all that time I can't ever remember us having a stand off who did (Frannie was probably the fastest). I hope to live long enough to one day see a quick and exciting stand off in a rams shirt - might rely on huge advances in medicine though. :O

Nigh on fifty years I've supported em, and in all that time I can't ever remember us having a stand off who did (Frannie was probably the fastest). I hope to live long enough to one day see a quick and exciting stand off in a rams shirt - might rely on huge advances in medicine though. :O

Remember though GOR that TG is really a loose forward, though signed on to us as a utility forward, but is brilliant at stand off, although most loose forwards can play at stand off

Remember though GOR that TG is really a loose forward, though signed on to us as a utility forward, but is brilliant at stand off, although most loose forwards can play at stand off

He's not brilliant at stand-off. He played one game there and took the opposition coach and his team - who couldn't alter their tactics to deal with a big man at halfback, by surprise. Karl Harrison realised that his Barrow heroics were purely a one-off that would fail if repeated, and didn't play him at 6 ever again.

Neither is he a loose-forward anymore, and he hasn't been for years. Earlier on in his career - whilst even then a big lad, he was able to get away with playing at 13, but now he's essentially an impact prop and nothing else.

Robin- most of your team have more experience of playing at Ram Stadium than the Dewsbury side. We have a lot more new players than Fev and many have little experience at CC level.

Tom - okay to be precise GM is new to being a head coach of a professional adult side rather than Academy and he has neither played or coached in CC. Lots of optimism that he is the new messiah. We have lost Flanagan, Esders, Crossley, Blake, Hood, Faal, Walker, Sngleton from last season and the ones we have recruited have mostly to prove themselves yet.

Robin- most of your team have more experience of playing at Ram Stadium than the Dewsbury side. We have a lot more new players than Fev and many have little experience at CC level.

aye. But more likely to get a result on your patch early season before we get into the "rhythm" say in July when form is much more obvious???

Regardless I'm lookin forrad to it.

The referee had his own rule changes.

Not once did I see a Batley player play the ball correctly yet, the ref deemed this ok - absolutely rubbish!

He spoilt what could have been a good game.

Thanks, Eduardo. You've just rounded off a perfect Christmas for me. Glad to see Santa brought you some new red, amber & black specs.

Referees permitting I think the Rams will do OK in 2013.

Theres nowt wrong with the players weve resigned and one thing for sure the young uns are so eager to impress Boxing Day will not be a lame affair.

what was your impression of Morton EQUALIZER ?

a quickie or time will tell ?

He was always a stand off when he started out. I think you've actually got a good quality ball handling forward in him. He's always carried a bit of weight, it has never effected his ability. Look at Lawford, one of the best ball handlers you will ever see, just liked to have a beer and a pie.

He was always a stand off when he started out. I think you've actually got a good quality ball handling forward in him. He's always carried a bit of weight, it has never effected his ability. Look at Lawford, one of the best ball handlers you will ever see, just liked to have a beer and a pie.

Sometimes at half time. :lol:

my origional post was ment to mean, give the boys a chance. If we have a fatty pie slinging slugger that can back it up then lets have it! will be about time we had some guts in the side.

Bring on the fax!

I'm all for players with guts, but its best not to be able to see them hanging over the waistband of their shorts.

I wasn't aware you had to have a six pack to be a good player, unfortunately not everyone has a sculptured body, it doesn't mean they can't play the game or indeed be of the highest standard, Crooks, McDermott, Lowes to name but a few, players with an abundance of guts in more ways than one

I wasn't aware you had to have a six pack to be a good player, unfortunately not everyone has a sculptured body, it doesn't mean they can't play the game or indeed be of the highest standard, Crooks, McDermott, Lowes to name but a few, players with an abundance of guts in more ways than one

Dean lawford, had a gut but was a brilliant ball handler, craig cook reminds me of him kind of.

Lawford's weight issue never affected his ability? Nah, course not. Only apart from the fact that it meant that he more or less squandered the enormous talent he had in terms of what he achieved/what he could have achieved.

As for Gallagher, I wasn't aware that he started out as a half-back. Again though, to say that his weight has never affected his ability is a laughable. He's one of the most talented forwards around in terms of attacking ability, yet has only ever played half a season in the top flight and has flitted between lower division clubs at an alarming rate. Even at Batley, Rochdale, Swinton and Leigh he was by no means guaranteed a first XVII spot every week. Wonder why?

If Tommy Gallagher wasn't carrying a few extra pounds he'd be playing in Super League.

If Gareth Moore was a bit bigger...

If Rob Worrincy could catch...

If Mick Nanyn could defend...

If George Flanagan could keep his discipline...

If Andy Bostock had an extra yard of pace...

If Tony Tonks was a little taller...

People pick out these flaws in players' games and are so quick to condemn them. There isn't a single player in the Championship who is "the total package" - if they were then they wouldn't be playing in the Championship!!

If we can get Tommy offloading and slowing down the play the ball then I'll put up with the gut.

what was your impression of Morton EQUALIZER ?

a quickie or time will tell ?

looks alrite we will only tell how quick he really his when he goes from far out.Said on Boxing Day this side will cause problems to top teams during the season.However feet on ground one good friendly dosnt make a good season.