Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thirteenthman

Thailand v Philippines - Asia Cup

34 posts in this topic

The free gangway must have fallen off the boat on the way over from the UK.

You mean there IS a free gangway in the UK then ?????????

I'm at work so I can't access these links but I'm led to believe they are from the game. If they are, enjoy...

I'm at work so I can't access these links but I'm led to believe they are from the game. If they are, enjoy...

They are indeed from the game. Thanks for posting them.

Philippines 86 Thailand 0

http://stevemascord....cademy-bangkok/

Philippines had a team of mainly overseas based pros, while Thailand were mostly made up of local amateurs.

There are plenty of Thai's that have married Australian and British Rugby League fans, so the idea of Rugby League spreading to Thailand only needs a little encouragement.

There are a couple of young Thai lads playing junior RL in Cumbria.... Maybe possible future Internationals for Thailand.

There are plenty of Thai's that have married Australian and British Rugby League fans, so the idea of Rugby League spreading to Thailand only needs a little encouragement.

There are a couple of young Thai lads playing junior RL in Cumbria.... Maybe possible future Internationals for Thailand.

Well the fact that they managed to get some sort of side together for a match shows at least some sort of development. There are (unfortunately) plenty of countries around the world that have shown less interest in RL than either of these two. It's a start, and lets hope in some way or other it carries on.

Well the fact that they managed to get some sort of side together for a match shows at least some sort of development. There are (unfortunately) plenty of countries around the world that have shown less interest in RL than either of these two. It's a start, and lets hope in some way or other it carries on.

There have been at least 4 attempts to my knowledge to start RL in Thailand this match has arguably been the the most successful attempt. What interest has Thailand actually shown? The interest actually came from overseas. So far there has been no development that has been promised for next year with the target to have a domestic competition.

There have been at least 4 attempts to my knowledge to start RL in Thailand this match has arguably been the the most successful attempt. What interest has Thailand actually shown? The interest actually came from overseas. So far there has been no development that has been promised for next year with the target to have a domestic competition.

Yeah why bother eh?

We did not have crowds of 500 people turning up to see rugby league matches in Denmark, before we started the sport. We started the sport and then created the interest. We started a few years ago, we are now getting close to regular domestic fixtures.

Have some patience.