Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blackpool Hawk

Team For Next Season?

27 posts in this topic

Getting boring on here, so whos your 17 so far to start the 2013 season?

1. Bush

2. Brickwood

3. Buttery

4. Welham

5. Pryce

6. Grimshaw

7. Windley

8. Menzies

9. Haigh

10. Yates

11. Haughey

12. Oakes

13. March

14. Henderson

15. Houston

16. Lowe

17. Helliwell

Gaz I think tommy haughey's gonna have to improve massively this season to get near the 1st team

clayton was easily the best back rower for the last month or two of the season

To compete, we need to convert chances into tries and get the centres passing to the wingers. Secondly we need a couple of players supporting the ball carrier to keep the opposition guessing, and not making it easy for them to defend against us. Hopefully if we score tries and keep in the game, it will improve our eagerness to defend and compete, then we may actually win ( or possible bonus points).

Gaz I think tommy haughey's gonna have to improve massively this season to get near the 1st team

Agree mate, think with Prycey back, a full pre season behind him, we can get him back to his best, still a class act on his day.

Any word on the 4 Leeds lads Gaz ?

Yes mate, should be able to make an announcement in the next couple of weeks.

Too early for this yet ... apart from the fact that we've yet to see Aston, Windley, Ansell in action, we also have to see what comes to us on dual reg. Anyway I suspect that Windley, if he can cut it, is being earmarked for sharing hooking duties with Haigh.

What I will say is that we look to have plenty of competition for places in shirts 1-5, and 11-13. As others have noted, a scrum-half / generic half back, and front rowers, are needed to complete a balanced squad.

Too early for this yet ... apart from the fact that we've yet to see Aston, Windley, Ansell in action, we also have to see what comes to us on dual reg. Anyway I suspect that Windley, if he can cut it, is being earmarked for sharing hooking duties with Haigh.

What I will say is that we look to have plenty of competition for places in shirts 1-5, and 11-13. As others have noted, a scrum-half / generic half back, and front rowers, are needed to complete a balanced squad.

Agree way too early, but gets people talking!

The squad is looking healthy BUT weve still no one who can reliably kick a goal unless its bang in front!

Bush needs to be pretty good to oust stu kain from full bk

Any word on the 4 Leeds lads Gaz ?

Liam Sutcliffe half back/ goalkicker and Jordon Baldwinson loose forward ? both england internationals who played at the Warriors as juinors.

Liam Sutcliffe half back/ goalkicker and Jordon Baldwinson loose forward ? both england internationals who played at the Warriors as juinors.

Think it would be a bit to early for Championship rugby Billy but deffo 2 to watch out for.......

Think it would be a bit to early for Championship rugby Billy but deffo 2 to watch out for.......

Blackbeard you may well be right about it been a bit too soon but i think they will be the type of players the Rhinos will be looking to loan out.Also i believe thier both off contract and the end of next season and if the Rhinos did not retain them it would put the Hawks in the box seat to sign them on a permanent deals.Local lads playing for thier local clubs is what we both would like to see.

Blackbeard you may well be right about it been a bit too soon but i think they will be the type of players the Rhinos will be looking to loan out.Also i believe thier both off contract and the end of next season and if the Rhinos did not retain them it would put the Hawks in the box seat to sign them on a permanent deals.Local lads playing for thier local clubs is what we both would like to see.

I agree Billy,to many a good player are gunna be released by the super league clubs,because of the lower league structure,i feel a few will either pack it in or go back to amateur and like you say Championship clubs..........

Agree mate, think with Prycey back, a full pre season behind him, we can get him back to his best, still a class act on his day.

What's Prycey got to do with Tommy's form? Just asking like.

Keep the opposition guessing what we will do next,one player only in that bracket ,is danny rattcliffe,always supporting the ball carrier hopeing for a half break,,,time and time again he did this,,,sadly we let him go,,madness ??????.I posted weeks ago for the club to reply as to whats happening with danny ,but still none the wiser.

Danny decided to go back to Thornhill. Hes playing but still not fit and he still requires an operation.

Hodgson

Mapals

Wilson

Welham

Pryce

Grimshaw

Yates

Haigh

Houston

Buttery

Haughey

March

Watson

Menzies

Henderson

Lowe

Ollie Olds would be a decent signing for you guys (when recovered from his knee surgery).

He's a crafty little scrum half who's just been released from Leeds. He was class in their 9s team and looked good in the short time he was at York.

I believe he's a goal kicker too.

Danny decided to go back to Thornhill. Hes playing but still not fit and he still requires an operation.

Having his op very soon.

Yes mate, should be able to make an announcement in the next couple of weeks.

Anything to report on which Leeds players we'll be getting Blackpool or is that going to be the major announcement on launch night?

Leeds players will be announced soon!

The major announcement is something entirely different, so please attend the Season Launch night, it will be a great night!

Leeds players will be announced soon!

The major announcement is something entirely different, so please attend the Season Launch night, it will be a great night!

Thanks Blackpool, looking forward to the launch night