Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shades2

Hull FC link up now official

16 posts in this topic

Press today - link up with Hull FC announced - think its for 3 years,

see club website for details.

Danny Nicklas coming back on season long loan.

Other names mentioned - Tom Lineham, Jack Briscoe & Ben Crooks.

Things looking very, very good in my opinion, get those vice presidents & season

tickets bought now.

As you say Col things looking very good, talking to a Knights fan last night and those are the players we were hoping to get, cant wait for next season . :D

If you're after a winger, Jack Briscoe did a good job for us at Fev last season. I wouldn't have been uphappy if we'd signed him for 2013.

Cant believe you copy pasted our press release :)

up to five Hull players will be able to turn out for the Knights each week, with their selection set to be overseen by head coaches Peter Gentle and Gary Thornton

I for one hope this is just very bad wording, allowing gentle/hull to pick your team is not the way to go

That very question answered in The Press article here (see par 13) http://www.yorkpress...ll_partnership/

Great story that Pete, nipping in the bud a lot of potential concerns for the fans straight away there.

I personally think this is fantastic news. This three year partnership is going to allow the Knights to gain valuable experience in how to run a Grade A standard SuperLeague club, so by the time we move into our brand new 8-10 thousand SuperLeague capacity ;) stadium we should be in a great position to move up to that level.

The fact that their fringe first teamers will compliment one of the strongest York City Knights squads ever assembled (in my humble opinion) is a very nice bonus.

Very happy days indeed! :D

Great story that Pete, nipping in the bud a lot of potential concerns for the fans straight away there.

I personally think this is fantastic news. This three year partnership is going to allow the Knights to gain valuable experience in how to run a Grade A standard SuperLeague club, so by the time we move into our brand new 8-10 thousand SuperLeague capacity ;) stadium we should be in a great position to move up to that level.

The fact that their fringe first teamers will compliment one of the strongest York City Knights squads ever assembled (in my humble opinion) is a very nice bonus.

Very happy days indeed! :D

Agreed, we have the makings of a very competitive squad for next season, still a bit light in the backs but if we can get the players mentioned then all will be well.

Are the club thinking of offering Hull FC season ticket holders any discounts to entry at Knights home games?

Work with a few avid FC supporters who have all said they would come to watch York if there was. Believe Hull are switching back to

playing alot of their home games on Friday night so could be some local FC fans with nothing to do on a Sunday afternoon. Even if we only

got 20 or 30 of them coming to York, maybe paying £10 entry instead of £14 would be a bit of extra money in our bank. Just a thought....

Are the club thinking of offering Hull FC season ticket holders any discounts to entry at Knights home games?

Work with a few avid FC supporters who have all said they would come to watch York if there was. Believe Hull are switching back to

playing alot of their home games on Friday night so could be some local FC fans with nothing to do on a Sunday afternoon. Even if we only

got 20 or 30 of them coming to York, maybe paying £10 entry instead of £14 would be a bit of extra money in our bank. Just a thought....

As long as they offered us a discount for their games too then I think it's a good idea.

Great idea that and as posted by Simon Hall it should work both ways. If the clubs are working together then why not the fans.

genuine question. does Danny Nicklas season long loan come under your 5 player deal with hull fc, or is it seperate.

genuine question. does Danny Nicklas season long loan come under your 5 player deal with hull fc, or is it seperate.

It does yeah.

It does yeah.

ok cheers