Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

allroughyed

today signing is ...

81 posts in this topic

Even through the difficult times with his injury and when the team was very poor, Chris turned up week in and week out for rehab and where possible training. I for one Wish well this season and hope he gets the chance to show us what he has to offer the side.

Pleased to see that Stephen Neild , another of the talented reserve squad ,has been promoted to the first team squad . From what I have seen of him he is well capable of not just making it into the first team but making a big impact . We are now starting to see the wisdom of keeping faith with the reserve team by the number of young players progressing into the first team squad.. Special mention must go to Houghy and Paul Ashton for the way they have developed these youngsters and I am confident that they will continue to improve under Scott Naylor and will make up the bulk of our side for years to come . .

The signings are coming along nicely. Could do with a little sprinkle of experience and some more options at half back. But having said that we never really seem fully covered at 6&7.

Chris Clarke joins exodus to Oxford??

We'll miss Clarkey & Thommo especially in my opinion. But let's see who we sign to replace them. Mo Agoro seems a good prospect, squads building nicely.

Real pity about Chris Clarke.

Tony Mac

Hour for the best, plan for the worst, just don't stop believing

Suprised about Clarke but he was injured a lot in the last couple of seasons.See Oxford as a backward step for him but good luck all the same.

League Express on Monday suggested that Chris Clarke and Lucas Onyango are due to re-sign for Oldham, so why does a question from 'Higgy' become a fact. Let's wait and see unless anyone knows otherwise.

Someone told me Nobby was going to Swinton? I suppose we had better wait for something official like Logic says.

Someone told me Nobby was going to Swinton? I suppose we had better wait for something official like Logic says.

That was just a silly bit of confusion over the fact there is a Chris Clarke at Oldham and another entirely different Chris Clarke at Swinton.

If the two of them ever end up in the same side, it will be a re-run of having two Gary Prices playing for Featherstone - to avoid confusion there, one of them had to become known as Gary H Price.

That was just a silly bit of confusion over the fact there is a Chris Clarke at Oldham and another entirely different Chris Clarke at Swinton.

If the two of them ever end up in the same side, it will be a re-run of having two Gary Prices playing for Featherstone - to avoid confusion there, one of them had to become known as Gary H Price.

Nice trivia mate !

Reminds me of when Tony Barrow was coach and his son was in the team, the chant from the terraces was "There's only two Tony Barrows, two Tony Barrows...."

I agree good news about Wardy.Signings from last years squad all have the right attitude which is important for those coming through.

The guy is average at best, more quality signings are needed

Are you serious ? Mike had an outstanding season last year, finishing strongly in the centre position. He started slowly at the start of the season, but as soon as he got regular 1st team rugby, he started to shine, and made great improvements when switched to centre. He made a massive impact away at Crusaders, where he got us back in the game, with his ability to burst the line and score, when it was looking like we were going to get blown away. Mike's work in defence last season was also outstanding. I suggest you start watching Mike more closely next season.

Nice trivia mate !

The legend lives on too, as Featherstone recently announced the signings of Lewis Price the son of Gary H Price, and Jacob Price the son of Gary S Price!Just to confuse everyone totally they signed both young Prices on the same day!

Totally agree Allroughyed . Wardy has got a tremendous work ethic and gives his all in every match . Imo centre is his best position ...just hope that Dave Cookson also re-signs and barring injury they can be our centre pairing for many years to come .

mark came on leaps and bounds last year and is still learning. Great work ethic and gives 100%. Very brave lad.Early on in the season occasions last season thought he offloaded a little too early in the play when trying to get us back into the game.He's young and will learn from the new coaching staff.

The guy is average at best, more quality signings are needed

Who have you been watching? He will certainly be an assett to us with his work ethic, and just hope all the new signings work as hard for the team.

Think you'll find I said the same as you but with some constructive comments as well or is that not allowed. Nowt wrong with that.

The legend lives on too, as Featherstone recently announced the signings of Lewis Price the son of Gary H Price, and Jacob Price the son of Gary S Price!Just to confuse everyone totally they signed both young Prices on the same day!

Obviously at Featherstone "The Price Is (always) Right "