Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

allroughyed

today signing is ...

81 posts in this topic

Its okay training to Super League standards but is this squad of largely unknown youngsters up to the playing standard of what will be a highly competitive Championship One.Remember our previous seasons crop of Super League Academy players with the possible exception of Callum Casey have not exactly been a roaring success and have not developed at other clubs.Still got great worries about the forth coming season unless we have more battle hardened players still to arrive.

Based upon my own opinion of our former "coach", I wouldn't use previous seasons' experience with SL Academy players as any kind of yardstick as to how the current crop will do under a decent coach, which I'm hoping Scott Naylor is. Again, my view is that, with SL type training, we should be 5-10% fitter than our other CC1 opponents, so, if we're still in contention in games by the 65th minute mark, our extra level of fitness should see us home in the last 15 minutes 9 times out of 10. Personally, I'd take or do anything that gives us the edge. Simplistic maybe, but it does seem to work in lots of sports on lots of occasions.

Brilliant signing of PLayer of the Year for Salford Academy Adam Files ,,,,, With this lad and Sammy Gee we will have two Hookers that will shine from Dummy Half , , Well doen to Scott Naylor and 'Spanner' for this signing ...

Well done aswell Mr Chairman , The Oldham Club is going forward :rolleyes:

Brilliant signing of PLayer of the Year for Salford Academy Adam Files ,,,,, With this lad and Sammy Gee we will have two Hookers that will shine from Dummy Half , , Well doen to Scott Naylor and 'Spanner' for this signing ...

Well done aswell Mr Chairman , The Oldham Club is going forward :rolleyes:

Better hope he's as 'brilliant' as you say he is, seeing as he's going to be one of the first names on the team sheet every week!

No he's not going to be first name on sheet , he has to earn his right to wear 9 like sammy gee and like any other team member , he is hard worker Adam and so are the other guys

He will battle it out for his place like everyone else, do you really think Scott & Spanner will deliberately put out a weak team. These guys are winners.