Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

usain bolt

ncl discipline minutes 15th oct

92 posts in this topic

has danny kilshaw got a bad disciplinary record? this has been taken into account apparantly.

How many gamas do they add for a bad record?

I understood it to be whatever was the maximum for the category of offence. First time offender gets minimum number of games.

How can the committee impose higher bans withot approval from the league management or rfl

the discipline committee have not watched the game ,

The disciplinary committee watched the game in full...

Absolutley fantastic !!!!!

Now - How the hell did they get a 12 month ban from ?????

What would Rangi Chase have been given off this panel ?????? :blink:

I am led to belive that an edited version was supplied to the panel and by that i mean the incident was done in slow motion, could anyone confirm that that was the case because i have always been under the impression that edited evidence is not allowed.

There is a bad smell developing over this decision .

The original clip of the incident had sliw mo following the short clip. Appears that they only watched the clip and not an unedited version.

Can someone post the slow mo version as it does seem to happen very quick maybe the slow mo shows it to be worse, even so 12 months?

How do you know the discipline committee have not watched the game? How do you know all evidence has not been used?

The punishment seems to suggest they came to the decision by phone from; The Rose & Crown, Dog & Duck, White Hart & Strangeways

Can someone post the slow mo version as it does seem to happen very quick maybe the slow mo shows it to be worse, even so 12 months?

The original with slowmo is just re-encoding. Go back to the original clip and it should be on shortly.

Obvious sending off, the impact of the tackle drove the players head to the ground.

I spoke to the Pats coach about it and the issue we both had was that East seconds had three games left to play which would count on the suspension. A suspension of three or six NCL matches is the obvious one.

Seems a bit over the top and the ban in the extreme to me , I've had to watch the video a few times to weigh up what went on and at first thought it was Lyndon Robertson that had got him with a good hard tackle with Danny Kilshaw catching the lad with a lazy arm thats come up off the lads chest and caught him round his neck , but it all happens to quick to be premeditated as they were both going for the ball , And from reports off here the lad has hit his head on the ground which hasn't done him any favours .

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been on the wrong end of worse tackles than that and nothing at all given . So after watching the full match Kilsh's reaction shows it was an accident , and some of what follows should have saw more cards shown .

Not wanting to trivialise foul play but does anyone after viewing that video think that it warrants a possible 30 odd game ban and forced early retirement for a once respected NCL player ? ........ You have to be respected to be on the recieving end of some of the treatment Kilsh gets dealt .

Not an excuse but lets be fair , is Danny getting the ###### end of the stick for the Skirlaugh fiasco ? .

Don't suppose they mentioned the abuse kilsh got from some people via mobile phone after the game , was the panel told that , I really hope the youngster gets well soon and if you know kilsh he would be saying the same . Kilsh is a tough lad and never moans about the stick he gets on and off the field . Who is on the disciplinary panel can someone tell me

The panel will be listed on the outcome Keith. East should be criticised for not attending the disciplinary another bad error of judgement you can not assume anything and committees see non attendance as either an admission of guilt or contempt. Either way KIlsh is the loser and possibly a sad end to a colourful career .

The slow-mo does look more damning until you take into context its only tenths of a second from the winger taking the ball and getting tackled , and also that he's turning and ducking into a lazy off balance tackle when he's caught by two players .

Accidental high tackle ........... - 3 matches for me

Don't suppose they mentioned the abuse kilsh got from some people via mobile phone after the game , was the panel told that , I really hope the youngster gets well soon and if you know kilsh he would be saying the same . Kilsh is a tough lad and never moans about the stick he gets on and off the field . Who is on the disciplinary panel can someone tell me

All the more reason why Easts should have put in a personal hearing I would think. :huh:

Just had a good look at the video and it's a very bad tackle - straight red definitely no excuses

The 12 month ban seems harsh but what is the " previous"?

Who is on the disciplinary panel can someone tell me

The panel was Tony Johnson, Alfrieda kindon, Allan Hemingway and Tony McElroy

Kaykie in a earlier post i wrote i thought 12 months ban was harsh. I was justing trying see it from all angles.Liegh East and the player mite have viewed the winter side as thier get out of jail card. Hence not asking for personel appearance.

east never thought about Danny getting rid of his ban in winter they just thought he'd get 6 to 8 matches,if they thought he would have got 12 months they would have made a personal,iv played open age for 25 years and never know anyone get 12 months for a reaction tackle,yes it was high and deserved a red card but it wasn't premeditated and he never thought he' d hurt the lad ,we've all seen worse on video

Is this the highest ever ban for a high tackle? Iv known people kick a player in the head on the floor n get 8match ban

Ive seen players spit at middle aged female fans, players stamp on opposition players head and blind side opposition players (that was just in one game) and guess what nothing came of it.

Ah yes but that was against Queens so its like it never happened :-)

However you cant escape the fact that Leigh East and the player himself have been slack by not attending (or di they set off and the bus broke down?)

East committee been caught out on a few occasions this year but they are a new committee and are volunteers . Think we will see a difference next year , lot of people offering there help for next year . Players , coaches and committee # willbebackstrongerthanever

Kilsh broke his right forearm in the first twenty minutes of the 2010 National cup final against Queens, hence the padding.

Check which arm made impact

What do you mean terry by 'check which arm made contact'??? It was clearly the one with the pad!!!

What do you mean terry by 'check which arm made contact'??? It was clearly the one with the pad!!!

If you were deliberately going to hit someone you wouldn't use an arm which is already weakened