Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roy Boy

Oh Dear! Salford in bother

275 posts in this topic

it's a joke, a laughing stock and a farce

when are people going to realise that Rugby League is a Northern game?

So is that Bradford and Salford out of Super League after the next round of licensing?

So is that Bradford and Salford out of Super League after the next round of licensing?

No. Bradford were rescued by the RFL they bought their ground and SLE even offered to buy the club.

They were voted back into Superleague. They won't kick Bradford out.

I hope they get the help that Bradford did.

Sorry? You hope the RFL buys the Salford Community Stadium?

Ah I get it, then they kick Sale out :D

Not been following this too closely, but I thought Salford were supposed to be getting some new investors in the next week or so. Is this still on the cards?

Not been following this too closely, but I thought Salford were supposed to be getting some new investors in the next week or so. Is this still on the cards?

Mr. Sadler gave us a string nod and a wink about this about 3 weeks ago.

We shall see

Five live says it's no big deal over a small ammount

Mr. Sadler gave us a string nod and a wink about this about 3 weeks ago.

We shall see

surely they cant kick salford or any other team out if they dint kick blls out ?????

Certainly hope so - A quick influx of readies is obviously required, but is that just going to delay the inevitable?

I'm just bemused (and saddened) by the way our sport is ran.

So much for the regular account monitoring by SL to ensure clubs don't get into trouble - whoever the accountants are that do the monitoring should be sacked with immediate effect and a team of "proper" accountants brought in.

On second thoughts a team of "proper" accountants might say shut the whole bloody lot down as they're all in the do do! :wacko:

Fully expecting to see the ominous letters HMRC listed, it was very interesting to see who the suspected the parties involved are.

Can't be that much money involved?

Being served a winding up order over a disputed bill is hardly going into administration, there is no comparison to be made with the Bulls...

... yet.

it's a joke, a laughing stock and a farce

when are people going to realise that Rugby League is a Northern game?

I think this post is meant as a joke, but it's hard to tell nowadays

L'Angelo is right. Nothing to see here folks, so move along please.

I think you owe me money. no I don't , I won't pay as I think you didn't do a good job. OK, I'll issue a winding up order to get your attention

The BBC report it pretty accurately....

...but of course have to squeeze in two union stories as well with links to Sale. Doncha just love 'em! :wacko:

By the sounds of it the guy is a clown. They should pay him off and say "Good riddance...".

Case closed.

I think this post is meant as a joke, but it's hard to tell nowadays

I don't think it is a joke and to some extent I have to agree with him. London Broncos are not exactly in the pink, the skolars are a joke, ditto, crusaders, south wales and I don't expect any of the three 'expansion' clubs to be anything other than struggling on attendances of 2-300 within a couple of seasons. Gateshead are a bunch of whipping boys.

This whole expansion will, eventually, come home to bite RL in the backside. I have always thought it would and have never had reason to change my mind.

I don't think it is a joke and to some extent I have to agree with him. London Broncos are not exactly in the pink, the skolars are a joke, ditto, crusaders, south wales and I don't expect any of the three 'expansion' clubs to be anything other than struggling on attendances of 2-300 within a couple of seasons. Gateshead are a bunch of whipping boys.

This whole expansion will, eventually, come home to bite RL in the backside. I have always thought it would and have never had reason to change my mind.

It was a joke

Not the greatest but a joke

Salford are a historic heartland club but have struggled for years: they were one of the most notorious yo to clubs.

The BBC article I read says they are 'subject' to a winding-up petition but doesn't suggest that they've entered into administration. Is that a real possibility though?