Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

deluded pom?

Vote Online For AYRLA Youth Program Grant

40 posts in this topic

Don't forget you can vote every day while the voting is open and you can also vote multiple times using different e mail addresses i.e. home/work etc. Thanks again.

Thanks guys for voting.The total votes are mounting nicely but we still need those votes coming in.

Today, 04:05 AM

Rhode Island Rebellion

Juniors

Re: Vote Online For AYRLA Youth Program Grant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys we currently have just under 5,000 votes.. if we can get to 8 thousand votes by Friday. I think we will get the grant.

Some Good news besides my vote pushing is that finally after 2 years I have gotten traction with the High School Rugby Union Team here in Rhode Island (which i helped found 13 years ago).

A bunch of the boys on the team are interested in volunteering with our youth programs. They attend an Irish Catholic High School so therefore they need to preform community service hours to Graduate.

So not only is this an opportunity to help expand our staff in our youth programs, but its also a great way to introduce Rugby League to a bunch of kids already playing Union at a decent level.

And hopefully get an u18 9s competition going this summer with these kids.

Thanks for your votes.Thought you may like to see this update

The Aussies have really got behind this whereas only a handful of Brits have bothered. Very disappointing. :(

The Aussies have really got behind this whereas only a handful of Brits have bothered. Very disappointing. :(

Probably a reflection of how what seems like a large majority of RL fans in this country dont actually care much for the international development of the game.

A pity really because it's towards the establishment of League in the USA

Probably a reflection of how what seems like a large majority of RL fans in this country dont actually care much for the international development of the game.

Totally agree. I've just had a quick glance at the general forum and a thread about new shirts has had 20,000+ views. If only a tenth of those people had bothered to vote daily then the AYRLA would easily win this grant.

Totally agree. I've just had a quick glance at the general forum and a thread about new shirts has had 20,000+ views. If only a tenth of those people had bothered to vote daily then the AYRLA would easily win this grant.

Really amazing but true. Without trying to offend anyone on these Boards the english in the main( and I'm one myself) seem to be only really interested in their club footy and there lies the problem.Just wonder what will happen in regard to attendances in the World Cup next year. At the Union game Wales v New Zealand last weekend, they had a full house and Wales have never beaten the All Blacks that's what you call loyalty to your game.There lies the difference in the two games.

Thanks for your votes.The voting closed today at 4AM.AEST.The AYRLA got a total of just over 7,000 and came third so should qualify for a loan.Will let you know the outcome when it is decided.

#10 Today, 10:16 AM

Rhode Island Rebellion

Juniors

Re: AYRLA Grant Status

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is Official, AYRLA has won the $5,000 in gas cards. This is great as it free's up funds for other things, additionally it can/will be used as incentives to increase the amount of volunteers which will in turn expand programming. Obviously the first use is to use them for transport.

Thanks to you guys that made the effort to vote for the above.Without your votes this result may not have been achieved.Frank