Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ackydave

SL / Championship "Partnerships"

223 posts in this topic

No we don't have an academy

you have a squad of 22 + any bradford players. you can only play 17. will this cause unrest?

There were a few lads last year who got little game time despite all the loan players as far as I know it didn't cause any unrest.

Rochdale have teamed up with St Helens and the St Helens U20 coach will be running Rochdale along with other staff from Saints to keep an eye on the progress of their players who will be playing there

Thin edge of the wedge and i wouldn't be suprised to find other SL clubs putting their coaching staff in the Championship/1 clubs.

This is interesting, as there are clearly two extremes of opinion here. Good for Featherstone for striking out and refusing to become part of a 'partnership.' However, many clubs feel that this is a appropriate method of ensuring that they continue to thrive as a club. I am not so sure and made my thoughts clear on my own clubs forum. I am waiting with some trepidation as to the outcome of discussions with SL club. Would I rather we had nothing to do with this current way of working? Of course I would but have no control over it.

What I do know is that Featherstone are in a good position to resist the current pressure to join up with so called 'senior' clubs. but many others are not. No reason to criticise them, whether we see it as a good thing or not. I still think that the best clubs in the Championship will remain so. Remember that most if not all of the players who will be joining C/C1 clubs will not be good enough to get into the top teams in the Championship. I cannot see the status quo changing greatly with this 'initiative'.

If you want to be a $uperleague team's Reserve Grade team, that's fine.

Just make sure that you know where it's all leading, though.

We have quite a long thread on the Leigh board about Twinning.

Leigh can't Twin with Wigan and you should know that.

The last page of that thread will tell you the truth and this will become even clearer at our next Fans Forum on November 7.

We have quite a long thread on the Leigh board about Twinning.

Leigh can't Twin with Wigan and you should know that.

The last page of that thread will tell you the truth and this will become even clearer at our next Fans Forum on November 7.

Call it whatever your comfortable with mate, but we both know your there feeder club

Your right it probably wouldn't add much to the Fev team but it may to ours.

Your right it probably wouldn't add much to the Fev team but it may to ours.

Like Darryl said at one of the fans forums, other clubs think were wealthy but the fact is our fans refused to accept there fate.Were better than that and we know it, were no ones ##### were the famous Featherstone Rovers. With Mark Cambell and others at the helm the fans have rallied and got involved in loads of ways to make the ground improvements happen, raise money for players, have the best golden gamble pay out in the game, and our 2nd ry income gone through the roof because we all know even a few pints in the ground helps out. It can be done and we have between us put Rovers in a great position

I don't think its a secret Fev have more money to spend on players than probably anyone else in this league I don't have am issue with that. I would love Dewsbury to be in the same situation. But people like your chairman are almost non existent. Fev on the up started with him do you think you would be where you are without him? Without him it could have easily been fev signing up to one of these link ups. Not everyone is in the same financial situation as fev. You disagree with the link ups but Dewsbury are doing the best they can with the money they have.

and there's the rub..... Is this really for "the best"? That's the crux of this debate.

I think it is for Dewsbury, it's not ideal by any means but clubs to a large extent have to look after themselves and do what is best for them.

I think it is for Dewsbury, it's not ideal by any means but clubs to a large extent have to look after themselves and do what is best for them.

there are a few from Dews who do not share your vision, not that that makes you wrong..... though I think you are!!!

there are a few from Dews who do not share your vision, not that that makes you wrong..... though I think you are!!!

Wrong that the link up adds to the team ? Or do you mean in a wider sense?

Both, but particularly the latter.

Have you really so little self respect ?

Can you add to that? Why do you think that?

Both, but particularly the latter.

I think there is a bit of a split in our forum if this will help the team or not. As for if this is better for the game as a whole I'm not sure. I think we all have different ideas on what even better would be. It may seem as if I am somesort of cheerleader for the whole thing. I am not but can see why Dewsbury in the current day have signed this deal. I would love for Dewsbury to have a great academy but to fund it we need success to bring the crowds in.This deal may or may not help us but I think it's worth a shot. It's also not as restrictive as some believe it to be or infact as some who are against it bizarrly want it to be.

Can you add to that? Why do you think that?

I infer that you have little respect for Dewsbury as a stand-alone club and are happy to become a Superleague Reserve team.

None of that is true have a look for the facts.

just one question, do you think the rfl had your best interest at heart when they introduced this concept.

No not at all it was done to save SL clubs money I think about 100k a year was the figure.

i did make reference on your forum to prescription charges (started at 20p), and uni fees (2 grand). the point being, it may not look too bad now, but where is it gonna lead. it's all very well saying we can pull out if we don't like it, but not many club chairmen seem capable of saying no to the rfl.

I think where it may lead to will depend ultimatly on the next sky deal. More money per club and SL may go back to a full academy. If not things will stay as they are.

I don't think its a secret Fev have more money to spend on players than probably anyone else in this league I don't have am issue with that. I would love Dewsbury to be in the same situation. But people like your chairman are almost non existent. Fev on the up started with him do you think you would be where you are without him? Without him it could have easily been fev signing up to one of these link ups. Not everyone is in the same financial situation as fev. You disagree with the link ups but Dewsbury are doing the best they can with the money they have.

Impossible to say were we would be without Mark Cambell, its not just his monetary input, iv never known a man with as much drive and energy in my life, but a lot of fans have bought into it as well Oldrover and myself even went to Elland road to help bring some seats back although he didnt do alot as i dont think hes ever been on a big job afore, i know other people have done much more than us and still are. The reason i did that and spend all i can at Rovers is i have in my life time seen us win all the majour honours, and would like my son to have that same chance and not see us as a feeder team no way

Impossible to say were we would be without Mark Cambell, its not just his monetary input, iv never known a man with as much drive and energy in my life, but a lot of fans have bought into it as well Oldrover and myself even went to Elland road to help bring some seats back although he didnt do alot as i dont think hes ever been on a big job afore, i know other people have done much more than us and still are. The reason i did that and spend all i can at Rovers is i have in my life time seen us win all the majour honours, and would like my son to have that same chance and not see us as a feeder team no way

i showed you how to drive didn't i AND i built that power station where you allegedly work.