Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ackydave

SL / Championship "Partnerships"

223 posts in this topic

Our head coach Glenn Morrison and his assistant Richard Slater will decide at all times who plays for Dewsbury in 2013. It's very simple in that respect.

And if Bradford have some injury crisis and ask for their players back, Glenn Morrison and Richard Slater decide if they can go ? :dry:

And if Bradford have some injury crisis and ask for their players back, Glenn Morrison and Richard Slater decide if they can go ? :dry:

Of course not. What if Bradford had asked for Vinny Finnigan back while he was on dual-reg with you?

All the proponents of these schemes appear to have overlooked the fact that the idea behind this is to keep fringe SL players 'match fit'. If they ain't playing they won't. So by default they will play. Otherwise the SL club gains nowt, will quickly pull out of the deal and look for another more accommodating club.

All the proponents of these schemes appear to have overlooked the fact that the idea behind this is to keep fringe SL players 'match fit'. If they ain't playing they won't. So by default they will play. Otherwise the SL club gains nowt, will quickly pull out of the deal and look for another more accommodating club.

They will not play 'by default', they will play if they have earned their spot. This has been pointed out plenty of times, I'm not sure why you are finding this so hard to understand.

They will not play 'by default', they will play if they have earned their spot. This has been pointed out plenty of times, I'm not sure why you are finding this so hard to understand.

So what do the SL club get out of this arrangement then? Cos they ain't doing it from the goodness of their heart to benefit CC clubs.

So what do the SL club get out of this arrangement then? Cos they ain't doing it from the goodness of their heart to benefit CC clubs.

They get to see how their fringe first team squad players fare in a tough open age competition, if selected of course.

If said fringe first team squad players don't get selected, then they will be forced to up their game. Thats the nature of team sport.

They get to see how their fringe first team squad players fare in a tough open age competition, if selected of course.

If said fringe first team squad players don't get selected, then they will be forced to up their game. Thats the nature of team sport.

Well we will see gav but if your club goes down the drain or surrender to the calls of hull then you won't be able to complain as you back this idea of linking up with the SL club.The RFL and SL clubs are for themselves and don't care about any team outside of the SL as we all know but like I said if their is no York city knights and an hull knights in 5 years time you only have yourself to blame good luck with the link up but I wouldn't be surprised if their isn't a York hunslet dewsbury etc in 5 years time.But this says it all for me the 4 clubs who have just been promoted and stare relegation in the face have not yet linked up with anyone and I doubt they will now so that says to me that they have more ambition than most of the sides already in our league and if that's the case I would love them to stay up and 2 feeder clubs to get relegated just my opinion though as I see it would help our game more.

Well we will see gav but if your club goes down the drain or surrender to the calls of hull then you won't be able to complain as you back this idea of linking up with the SL club.The RFL and SL clubs are for themselves and don't care about any team outside of the SL as we all know but like I said if their is no York city knights and an hull knights in 5 years time you only have yourself to blame good luck with the link up but I wouldn't be surprised if their isn't a York hunslet dewsbury etc in 5 years time

Ok then. I'm happy to leave it there. See you next season. B)

Where will they be able to "up their game"? They wont be able to play for their own clubs u19's and i would assume they wouldnt play for the dual clubs u23 (if they have one)

But this says it all for me the 4 clubs who have just been promoted and stare relegation in the face have not yet linked up with anyone

Doncaster are linking with Wakefield.

The problem for the 4 clubs promoted is that 3 of them are from Cumbria. Barrow and Workington are not linked with anyone but Whitehaven are St Helens second choice club after Rochdale.

As I have been saying earlier in this thread (twice) none of the SL clubs want to get involved with a Cumbria club as their first choice because of the logistics and travelling involved. How can this be a fair system? How does this not affect the integrity of the Championship competition?

Even the RFL have attached Cumbria to the expansion areas to which a SL club has to select a second linked club, if they want to do that, so immediately Cumbrian clubs have been relegated to the also rans for SL clubs to pick from in case they want to have a second choice club.

It's all very nice for clubs with a SL club in easy distance of each other but quite another matter where distance is involved.

Where will they be able to "up their game"? They wont be able to play for their own clubs u19's and i would assume they wouldnt play for the dual clubs u23 (if they have one)

Current rules only allow dr players to play 1st team. To those in the know, is this changing?

In training. They are full time professionals after all.

The problem for the 4 clubs promoted is that 3 of them are from Cumbria. Barrow and Workington are not linked with anyone but Whitehaven are St Helens second choice club after Rochdale.

As I have been saying earlier in this thread (twice) none of the SL clubs want to get involved with a Cumbria club as their first choice because of the logistics and travelling involved. How can this be a fair system? How does this not affect the integrity of the Championship competition?

Even the RFL have attached Cumbria to the expansion areas to which a SL club has to select a second linked club, if they want to do that, so immediately Cumbrian clubs have been relegated to the also rans for SL clubs to pick from in case they want to have a second choice club.

It's all very nice for clubs with a SL club in easy distance of each other but quite another matter where distance is involved.

I suspect you are unlikely to get a coherent response to a perfectly valid concern. Almost without exception the support ive seen for this scheme is based on a consideration of whether it benefits the individual club being discussed at the time, the wider impact on the competition(s) as whole appears to have been given very little thought.

I suspect you are unlikely to get a coherent response to a perfectly valid concern. Almost without exception the support ive seen for this scheme is based on a consideration of whether it benefits the individual club being discussed at the time, the wider impact on the competition(s) as whole appears to have been given very little thought.

I think it strengthens the Championship and Championship 1 considerably. Look at how many players have been signed up to play Championship rugby from the old SuperLeague Academy teams already.

I actually made this very point last week, and gave it plenty of thought.

Then how will the championship club assess whether he has 'upped his game'?

From talking to the parent club, and from the training sessions they attend at the Championship club.

From talking to the parent club, and from the training sessions they attend at the Championship club.

So selection of dr players will be based in part upon the reccomendation of the parent club.

So selection of dr players will be based in part upon the reccomendation of the parent club.

Yes in part, and the final decision rests with the Head Coach of the Championship club.

Yes in part, and the final decision rests with the Head Coach of the Championship club.

What if the players themselves say they don't want to travel to play for the Championship team?

What if the players themselves say they don't want to travel to play for the Championship team?

Then tough, they won't play any rugby at all, and will probably end up getting released by their SuperLeague club for having such an unprofessional attitude.

Of course not. What if Bradford had asked for Vinny Finnigan back while he was on dual-reg with you?

Exactly.

So "at all times" means "not always" then.

See post #149 above and open your eyes.