Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Riversiderontour

Jamie Bloem

9 posts in this topic

All charges dropped,

Sickening that innocent people are named in such cases before being put before the Courts.

I wish him success in his Refereeing career

Cant imagine what he and his family have gone through. To be accused of such things and it being in print before any court appearances let alone conviction is a disgrace. Hope you keep on reffing despite this.

shows why these things should be investigated in confidnece instead of the media trying to make headines. he should sue any paper that made false claims against him

I'm not sure it's possible to keep an arrest, investigation or criminal charge confidential. If the arrest is kept out of the public domain how would anyone know to come forward with evidence that might clear the suspect? As soon as the authorities started making enquiries and asking questions the news would be 'out there' anyway.

In rape cases it is illegal to name the "victim" but not the accused. To my mind, in these type of sensitive cases, people shouldn't be named until the case is proved and not just restrict anonymity to rape victims.

yes and just think what David Jones has been going through since he was found innocent of trumped up charges

In rape cases it is illegal to name the "victim" but not the accused. To my mind, in these type of sensitive cases, people shouldn't be named until the case is proved and not just restrict anonymity to rape victims.

Agree Completely !

UK law has a presumption of innocence until proven guilty, the UK press has a presumption of guilt until proven innocent.

A media ban should apply to all court cases unless a judge grants an order to lift it if they deem it to be in the public interest or if it assists either the police or the accused in the case.

All charges dropped,

Sickening that innocent people are named in such cases before being put before the Courts.

I wish him success in his Refereeing career

Jamie was never charged with anything, so they couldn't be dropped.

The police decided that the allegations had no foundation.

There is an exclusive interview with Jamie in today's issue of League Express.

It is quite an emotional read.