Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JohnM

The dogs, the dogs, they're at it again

9 posts in this topic

The dogs, the dogs, they're at it again!

MP pockets £19,000 a year renting taxpayer-funded second home to fellow MP while she claims expenses for a third property

Liam Fox, the former defence secretary, Chris Bryant, the shadow immigration minister, and former defence ministers Peter Luff and Nick Harvey, as well as David Amess, a Tory MP.

see Guardian, Telegraph and Mail

Why don't they just take control of the flats built for the Olympics and make MPs live in those?

Why don't they just take control of the flats built for the Olympics and make MPs live in those?

I suggested that to my MP several months ago

He didnt seem too keen

The dogs, the dogs, they're at it again!

MP pockets £19,000 a year renting taxpayer-funded second home to fellow MP while she claims expenses for a third property

Liam Fox, the former defence secretary, Chris Bryant, the shadow immigration minister, and former defence ministers Peter Luff and Nick Harvey, as well as David Amess, a Tory MP.

see Guardian, Telegraphand Mail

Good to see the spirit of enterprise is alive in the House of Commons. ;)

..and this is nothing like transparency. :lol: Still, when Levison recommendations become law...... :rolleyes:

..and this is nothing like transparency. :lol: Still, when Levison recommendations become law...... :rolleyes:

... it'll mean the national press can devote more time and effort to genuine public interest stories like this rather than looking up celebrities skirts...? We can but hope.

I think we may need more than hope. Any money that any Levison legislation will protect our noble MPs?