Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viking Warrior

widnes new kit

18 posts in this topic

the vikings have come up with a novel idea for next seasons kit, they have asked the fans to decide which of the two kits they prefer and the one the fans vote for will be the teams home kit for next season.....................http://www.widnesvik...cle.php?id=9636

2013%20shirt%20600.jpg

Black one looks like Hull FCs kit and the white one looks like this years Widnes kit, both nice though!

Since someone mentioned it last year I can't help seeing the Total Recall tripletit logo when I see Widnes's badge.

white one for me.. wish these kit manufacturers would get rid of these awful extra chevrons and stripes they always seem to insist on putting on a kit. would love to hear the arguments for including them.

maybe they should do a poll with the fans to see see if they prefer the kits with all the extra stripes on or just a straight, smart, white jersey with a black chevron.

I prefer the black but we should go with the white as it's more "widnes".......either's an improvement over last season.

Wish we'd ditch the chevron though......traditional Widnes has either been black n white hoops or white with black trim.....no need for the "V"

Both very nice kits. Shame they can't be home and away.

they probably are... I'd imagine we're just picking which is home

at the moment the black kit is leading the vote,

they probably are... I'd imagine we're just picking which is home

Apparently you're not allowed to have the same two colours on both shirts, which is why Hull opted for charcoal and white for the away kit a few years back.

Wouldn't would be nice to see a fresh colour (green?) in SL. However, there are few teams who play in predominately black kits. So black would be my choice.

Knowing Widnes fans (they imagine some kind of history), they'll go for the weak white kit.

Apparently you're not allowed to have the same two colours on both shirts, which is why Hull opted for charcoal and white for the away kit a few years back.

Since when?

Swinton used to play in Blue with a white "Vee" or White with a Blue "Vee"

& More importantly, Why?

Since when?

Swinton used to play in Blue with a white "Vee" or White with a Blue "Vee"

& More importantly, Why?

To avoid kit clashes...