Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

l'angelo mysterioso

LEEDS UNITED: AGAIN

60 posts in this topic

Lots of money in Cheltenham.

This is what fans of rugby and other sports just simply don't get about football. How can you get so worked up about a group of people that you display such hatred and behave in such a way that one would normally consider unacceptable. Is it some sort of human trait left over from tribal times?

What I don't understand is the guy didn't look old enough to have seen Leeds Utd when they where the 1st divisions bridesmaid

Could because of the culture that has raised it's ugly head with unemployment under the 2 posh boys.

no

Could because of the culture that has raised it's ugly head with unemployment under the 2 posh boys.

Unemployment in Cheltenham is currently 3.2 per cent

Unemployment in Cheltenham is currently 3.2 per cent

The stereotype of the football hooligan as an unemployed, monosyllabic and apelike creature has always been fallacious, and never more so than in its modern incarnation. The 21st century “casual” hooligan is likely to be upwardly mobile, well paid, well educated and articulate.

We’d all like them to be thickos, as if that would validate our view of them, but it just ain’t so and never has been

I know several football hooligans, (nearly all Leeds fans and a couple of City ones) and whilst they all work and earn a decent whack, well most do, there's no way I would describe them as intelligent.

To some of them football is secondary to the fighting. In fact by some distance.

What a surprise that some nomark from an ex mining glassblowingtown would cry foul.

I honestly had no idea that Harrogate had pits and a glass blowing industry.

Bloody Harrogate? :O

You posh ####.

One thing I've often thought with idiots like this; when you get a ban in sport, and you are banned from multiple grounds in the the country, how exactly is it enforced? Thousands of people go and watch football matches, you can't expect every turnstile operator and security guard to recognise these people. Granted the publicity in this case will mean this idiot is recognised a lot more in the immediate future, but in general it's always baffled me.