Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolford6

Chris Bryant MP

100 posts in this topic

Maybe they have done it because he is a hypocrite

Maybe they have done it because he is a hypocrite

Justify that claim John. And while you're at it prove that Cameron isn't a bigger one.

This week, Bryant has had a go at Cameron about inappropriate text messages. His own record in the electronic media is far more embarrassing.

Approx halfway down the page:

http://isupportthere...y-1-labour.html

Ah, so what you're saying is that because Chris Bryant did something wrong and he then brings to our attention something the Dave Cameron has done wrong, the thing that Dave Cameron has done can't be wrong because Chris Bryant has done something equally as wrong, or worse? :blink:

Were you never taught as a child that "two wrongs don't make a right"?

Edit: I would appreciate in future that if you must post links to sites of the BNP you please warn us first.

I didn't realise it was a BNP site; I just Google-imaged the famous shot and that was what came up. Even if the article is by the BNP, and I was genuinely unaware that it is, does that exclude it from being accurate?

Does your stressing of the word must by placing it in italics imply that you are accusing me of being a BNP supporter? I most certainly am not. I've also posted links from the Sydney Morning Herald and I'm not Australian either.

As for ' two wrongs don't make a right', I would counter that with 'people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones'.

something the Dave Cameron has done wrong,

remind us again... what has he done wrong? If it was this I'd understand, or even this but it isn't.

I didn't realise it was a BNP site; I just Google-imaged the famous shot and that was what came up. Even if the article is by the BNP, and I was genuinely unaware that it is, does that exclude it from being accurate?

Does your stressing of the word must by placing it in italics imply that you are accusing me of being a BNP supporter? I most certainly am not. I've also posted links from the Sydney Morning Herald and I'm not Australian either.

As for ' two wrongs don't make a right', I would counter that with 'people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones'.

If you didn't realise it was a BNP site then fair enough. My apologies.

Ah, so what you're saying is that because Chris Bryant did something wrong and he then brings to our attention something the Dave Cameron has done wrong, the thing that Dave Cameron has done can't be wrong because Chris Bryant has done something equally as wrong, or worse? :blink:

Were you never taught as a child that "two wrongs don't make a right"?

Edit: I would appreciate in future that if you must post links to sites of the BNP you please warn us first.

Is what Bryant has done wrong?

by definition, yes.

Is what Bryant has done wrong?

Prior to being an MP, he was a vicar with a specific mission as a Youth Chaplain.

If you place his gaydar postings in this context, then, as a parent and grandparent, I would say morally wrong if not legally wrong.

It strikes me that, if he was my MP or a church minister offering spiritual guidance to my grandkids, I wouldn't give him any trust.

Prior to being an MP, he was a vicar with a specific mission as a Youth Chaplain.

If you place his gaydar postings in this context, then, as a parent and grandparent, I would say morally wrong if not legally wrong.

It strikes me that, if he was my MP or a church minister offering spiritual guidance to my grandkids, I wouldn't give him any trust.

What if Bryant was heterosexual and made similar DTF postings? Would that make a difference?

What if Bryant was heterosexual and made similar DTF postings? Would that make a difference?

Either way, if he was a schoolteacher ... a position of equivalent status and trust ... I think he'd have got sacked, and probably struck off the register.

Quite frankly, would you feel comfortable having him as a colleague who was acting as a personal tutor for potentially vulnerable eighteen year old students?

And those having religious office who have pledged to abstain from the 'sins' of the flesh have proved to be such excellent guides for the spirits and morals of the young haven't they?

Either way, if he was a schoolteacher ... a position of equivalent status and trust ... I think he'd have got sacked, and probably struck off the register.

Quite frankly, would you feel comfortable having him as a colleague who was acting as a personal tutor for potentially vulnerable eighteen year old students?

There are lots of people who use sites such as match.com to hook up with potential sexual partners. I don't think using them should affect someone's professional life.

Yes I would feel comfortable that someone could be a personal tutor to 18 year olds and use the internet to meet partners in their private life. Else celibates would be the only people we could trust (e.g., Priests).

And those having religious office who have pledged to abstain from the 'sins' of the flesh have proved to be such excellent guides for the spirits and morals of the young haven't they?

There are thousands of celibate priests .... Catholic, Protestant, Hindu, Buddhist etc. Just because a very minor proportion have dodgy characters doesn't mean:

- that all priests should automatically be assumed to be dodgy characters.

- there is no reason why those who give an an indication of being a dodgy characters should not be selected for sensitive posts.

A teacher, and, by association, a youth worker, probation officer or youth-missionary priest assumes a role of in loco parentis. In such role they have a moral responsibility (and for a teacher a legal responsibility) to act as a parental guide and moral compass for the children in their care.

Professionally, that's a bit different to being the office lothario in the accounts department.

A teacher, and, by association, a youth worker, probation officer or youth-missionary priest assumes a role of in loco parentis. In such role they have a moral responsibility (and for a teacher a legal responsibility) to act as a parental guide and moral compass for the children in their care.

Professionally, that's a bit different to being the office lothario in the accounts department.

Quite. But I still don't see how using dating sites makes someone unsuitable to be a teacher. I have friends who are teachers who have used dating sites. Should they be struck off?

Quite. But I still don't see how using dating sites makes someone unsuitable to be a teacher. I have friends who are teachers who have used dating sites. Should they be struck off?

Have you read the text that he reportedly placed with his picture?

Have you read the text that he reportedly placed with his picture?

Yes. I think you must be quite naive if you don't think this is common for single people these days.

There are thousands of celibate priests .... Catholic, Protestant, Hindu, Buddhist etc. Just because a very minor proportion have dodgy characters doesn't mean:

- that all priests should automatically be assumed to be dodgy characters.

- there is no reason why those who give an an indication of being a dodgy characters should not be selected for sensitive posts.

Yet a gay man with a want to lead an entirely healthy sex life is somehow a danger to the young.

Yet a gay man with a want to lead an entirely healthy sex life is somehow a danger to the young.

I'm no prude but I wouldn't consider casual gay sex with some bloke off the internet to be 'an entirely healthy sex life'

Yes. I think you must be quite naive if you don't think this is common for single people these days.

Perhaps you are right for young people, but the use of unsolicited foul language is certainly not the general habit or taste for heterosexual men and women of my age, or Chris Bryant's age.

If that text was posted by a man on a heterosexual dating site, I can't see many women rushing to take up his offer. In fact, they'd probably be complaining in droves to the webmaster.

Perhaps you are right for young people, but the use of unsolicited foul language is certainly not the general habit or taste for heterosexual men and women of my age, or Chris Bryant's age.

So no-one your age swears then?

If that text was posted by a man on a heterosexual dating site, I can't see many women rushing to take up his offer. In fact, they'd probably be complaining in droves to the webmaster.

Not my cup of tea but then again I'm heterosexual, he's not trying to attract you, I or women.

So no-one your age swears then?

It's not my default position in everyday conversation. I may be common, but not that common.

Not my cup of tea but then again I'm heterosexual, he's not trying to attract you, I or women.

Suppose he lost his job ... which at a private company he could have for expenses irregularities. Would you be happy for him to come and work with students (including insecure eighteen year old lads) at your place? Would you challenge your Head of Department if he decided against making such an appointment on the basis of the reported Gaydar posting?