Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joe elliot

Cumbrian League

131 posts in this topic

Hindpool are starting to see the benefits of local derbies and competitive games now all we need is Dalton, Millom and Askam to see a bit of sense.

Competitive games yes but not sure that local derbies matter to us much. If you take our games against Saddleworth out of last years league table then our points difference would be only around +30 and for a team that finished 3rd that shows a lot of close games. Think we might be ok where we are for now.

You should get a job with the RFL Joe

According to the South of the county some of the west Cumbrian lads next seasons Cumbria Men's League will have a few new teams in from the South of the county, the league should have the following teams hopefully,

1/ Maryport,

2/ Seaton Rangers,

3/ Distington,

4/ Glasson Rangers,

5/ Walney,

6/ Hindpool,

7/ Ulverston,

8/ Barrow Island,

9/ Roose

10/ Wath Brow Hornets A

Hindpool have not applied to join the Cumbria league and at the moment we haven't even discussed it and won't be for at least another 3 weeks.

I have heard Kells A are wanting to join and another team from up there.

If Hindpool do join and Dalton realise they are wasting their time in that league it will be the most successful league in the country bar the national premier division.

Hindpool decided last night that they will be staying in the NWML.

Good luck to everyone in the Cumbria League looks like a good season ahead. My money is on Walney again but I'm expect Barrow Island to improve now they have a decent coach ;)