Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

natwest

Disciplinary Leigh East Last Night

58 posts in this topic

What was the outcome of last nights disciplinary meeting when Leigh didn't travel to Skirlaugh

Overheard some of the Leigh players telling the Skirlaugh players it wasn't our fault, Blame the committee they made the decision

Good job they don't have to far to travel for the disciplinary meetings,what with Danny Kilshaw, last nights meeting, and then having 2 players and the head coach Red Carded after the final whistle last Sat for foul & abusive language it's going to be an expensive time for the club

Last night's meeting was a full NCL Management meeting , not a Discipline one.

It was a full meeting, but I understand a couple of disciplinary issues were discussed also. Leigh East may have been one. We'll find out over the next few days the sanctions (if any) that have been imposed

Last night's meeting was a full NCL Management meeting , not a Discipline one.

Can you confirm or deny that the East situation was or was not discussed as part of the agenda and was a decision taken as to the outcome.

I am aware a number of issues were discussed.

Any decisions regarding member clubs and / or individuals will be communicated to them first before anyone else.

That's how the NCL usually operate and I don't think it should be any different now

I am aware a number of issues were discussed.

Any decisions regarding member clubs and / or individuals will be communicated to them first before anyone else.

That's how the NCL usually operate and I don't think it should be any different now

Thanks for the prompt reply del capo, as you say other items were discussed and forum members can read into that statement what they will. It is a PRIORITY that clubs and/ or individuals are informed first before going public. I await the outcome.

Thanks for the prompt reply del capo, as you say other items were discussed and forum members can read into that statement what they will. It is a PRIORITY that clubs and/ or individuals are informed first before going public. I await the outcome.

I remember the days you used to get told the outcome at the disciplinary.

We where up for a brawl & abandoned game with Normanton in the last game of the season, up to that game we had not had one player sent off all season, Normanton where up on their second appearance for an abandoned game that season.

Normanton went in first and came out with a £10 fine, their rep said I knew we where going to get off light because one of the committee was his deputy at the pit he worked.

We went in next and got a £135.00 fine, our secretary came out and our treasurer went in and tipped all the tables over in front of the committee before telling them what he thought about them.

We then spent the next 4 seasons in the Hull & Humberside league.

I remember the days you used to get told the outcome at the disciplinary.

We where up for a brawl & abandoned game with Normanton in the last game of the season, up to that game we had not had one player sent off all season, Normanton where up on their second appearance for an abandoned game that season.

Normanton went in first and came out with a £10 fine, their rep said I knew we where going to get off light because one of the committee was his deputy at the pit he worked.

We went in next and got a £135.00 fine, our secretary came out and our treasurer went in and tipped all the tables over in front of the committee before telling them what he thought about them.

We then spent the next 4 seasons in the Hull & Humberside league.

Happy days Marauder :)

I once remember the Barla Executive asking for volunteers from the committee to attend a National Cup game at Redhill versus the Greater Manchester Police in the immediate aftermath of the Miners strike.

The game went off without problem........but the opportunity for turning over of tables is always to be avoided...... :)

Happy days Marauder :)

I once remember the Barla Executive asking for volunteers from the committee to attend a National Cup game at Redhill versus the Greater Manchester Police in the immediate aftermath of the Miners strike.

The game went off without problem........but the opportunity for turning over of tables is always to be avoided...... :)

Great rugby story though ,bet Kilsh felt like turning a few tables over ;):D

Got a few of those stories mate and I feel sorry for the lad, I'd have though 3 or 4 games at the most.

I havent seen the game personnally but have seen kilsh play enough times to know that he gives more than he gets!!! and if you play by the sword you must expect to die by the sword - either on the field or via the disciplinary panel - end of!!

The NCL disciplinary committee must have thought that his ban was justified to dish out such a punishment.

You havent obviously watched kilsh play enough times,,,,, cos believe me he has always been a targetted player, and every teams game plan was to take him out ,,,,,,, and he also gets it off the field as well ,,,,

Is a double relegation on the cards for Leigh East? I'd certainly hope not, but that's one rumour that I've heard.

It really would set a precedent, and it could cause havock with the leagues, as Crosfields, Heworth and Featherstone Lions have all blobbed on fixtures this time. Could be massive changes in Division 2.

I suppose a double relegation could be on the cards - but it depends how you look at it. If any relegation has been considered by the ncl management, there wouldnt be any point in relegating them to div one as they have already achieved relegation in their own right. So a drop to div 2 may be on the cards. But they would have to relegate all other failing teams as well, wouldn't they??? Presumably the others would drop from divs two to three. Whatever happens it will be a big blow to Easts. It hasnt been the best season for them has it - but they,ll come back no doubt.

Great rugby story though ,bet Kilsh felt like turning a few tables over ;):D

If they'd asked for a Personal Hearing, then he might have had an opportunity :rolleyes:

The cards have been dealt for Leigh East and for Kilsh, time to stop whinging, dust yourselves off and start all over again.

You have been your own worst enemy at times so deal with it re build and repair your reputation.

The Rfl are looking into Danny's case , I don't think they agree with it either

Maybe the NCL are just allowing Kilshaw to have a hearing before their Appeal Committee ( the RFL ) ?

And maybe this time he / his club will take advantage of the opportunity to appear and make a case ?

If indeed he makes an application to appeal........

Don't make assumptions about the RFL attitude Mr Chairman. If it get's that far it will simply be a re-hearing..

The NCL have I understand in this particular case no problems with their processes ( nor their decision for that matter ).......

At least we have the facility of actual evidence in a FULL UNEDITED video. don't forget that the slow mo replay you have all seen is classed as edited and can not be used as evidence.

We all accept at East that Kilsh should have been given a 3 to 6 week ban. And as East have three second team games left the ban should be for NCL games only. Even if you don't appear for an appeal can the Committee impose a 12 month ban for a no show. I would think the max for the offence would be appropriate.

Watch the video back and tell me that the impact of the legal tackle a split second following the hit around the neck didn't bring on the fit. In 99.9% of occasions of the same incident occurring there wouldn't have been any physical issues encountered.

At East we are guilty of being the only team in the NCL who will submit their match DVD's for assessment.

How many NCL Prem matches will be online next season?

At least we have the facility of actual evidence in a FULL UNEDITED video. don't forget that the slow mo replay you have all seen is classed as edited and can not be used as evidence.

We all accept at East that Kilsh should have been given a 3 to 6 week ban. And as East have three second team games left the ban should be for NCL games only. Even if you don't appear for an appeal can the Committee impose a 12 month ban for a no show. I would think the max for the offence would be appropriate.

Watch the video back and tell me that the impact of the legal tackle a split second following the hit around the neck didn't bring on the fit. In 99.9% of occasions of the same incident occurring there wouldn't have been any physical issues encountered.

At East we are guilty of being the only team in the NCL who will submit their match DVD's for assessment.

How many NCL Prem matches will be online next season?

Terry your dvd is NOT the only one the committee has seen, as St.Pats secretary i was asked by the ncl to send a full unedited match dvd this was filmed by a friend of one of our players who films games for analysis for Wigan rlfc, i did not watch this before i sent it in so have no idea what view of the incident is shown, but they have received a full unedited dvd.

Is a double relegation on the cards for Leigh East? I'd certainly hope not, but that's one rumour that I've heard.

It really would set a precedent, and it could cause havock with the leagues, as Crosfields, Heworth and Featherstone Lions have all blobbed on fixtures this time. Could be massive changes in Division 2.

Even on appeal he may not get his ban reduced and may even get it increased!!!

All good players get targetted at all levels but kilshshaws record isnt un blemished is it and i am led to believe this was also taken into consideration.

Leigh east by failing to send representation to the meeting certainly havnt helped the club or the player and those responsible should hold their hands up and cop the blame rather than keep whinging about how hard done by they are.

I honestly cant see how they can complain about both current matters.