Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Exiled Townie

NEW STRIP THREAD

465 posts in this topic

Who's still yet to release there home kit in SL? Hull kr, Salford, and broncos?

Broncos will no doubt be released two days before the first game of the season.

Broncos will no doubt be released two days before the first game of the season.

Job lot of black t-shirts from Primark.

Are the Bronco's due a new kit this season?.. has it been two years?!.. lost track!..

sSaw the Brisbane shirt online this morning which looks quite nice..

Are the Bronco's due a new kit this season?.. has it been two years?!.. lost track!..

Here y'go

2013-jersey.jpg

few people on twitter have ripped into the Brisbane design.. but i quite like it.. simple but effective.

few people on twitter have ripped into the Brisbane design.. but i quite like it.. simple but effective.

Exactly what I thought.

My Akkies one doesn't fit anymore :(

It's what's known in the industry as an 'aspirational fit.' best get on that treadmill

It's what's known in the industry as an 'aspirational fit.' best get on that treadmill

Whereas I thought it was known as just "smaller than the label says"!

To me that Brissie shirt looks like a soccer shirt more than a RL shirt. I actually don't mind it.

Is the trend nowadays not for kit changes every year? It's certainly gone that way in football.

Edited by Kenny Bania

Is the trend nowadays not for kit changes ever year? It's certainly gone that way in football.

Most teams have new home and away shirts every year now, very rare a team keeps the same shirt for a second season.

Nrl, 3 year rotation on home jerseys, 2 years away. 2 novelty jerseys allowed per year based on the events, heritage, women in league, close the gap etc. the original agreement was to create a legacy by having a home jersey for 3 seasons, it would be remembered. I'll stop boring you all now

Plus, cost of jerseys in Aus is astronomical, which is a shame as i move to Sydney in 26 days time! could have set up a lucrative business shipping shirts back here otherwise

Our home and away shirts will be unveiled at the city centre club shop in a couple of hours. I'm heading there at 7pm; it is only a couple of minute's walk away. The club have done well to keep them under wraps so I hope tonight goes really well with plenty of supporters there.

Edited by HKR AWAY DAYS

Nrl, 3 year rotation on home jerseys, 2 years away. 2 novelty jerseys allowed per year based on the events, heritage, women in league, close the gap etc. the original agreement was to create a legacy by having a home jersey for 3 seasons, it would be remembered. I'll stop boring you all now

I just wish the Clubs would stop fleecing their hard-core supporters every year by changing their shirt/logo/sponsor or all three every year, it doesn't create any kind of loyalty to a jersey, Wigan during the 80's cup run kept (More or less) the same pattern, and had 1000's of replica jerseys sold every year, Salford (for instance) change something large enough on their shirt for last seasons to become outdated immediately, thus alienating a lot of their core base who, like many northern sports, have fans who are either in low paid jobs, or are unemployed. Try taking the kids to a match and they are wearing jerseys from 6 years previously, and the opposition look like they still have a clue who they support.

When I went to see the last match at the Willows it was like going to a museum of Salford jersey design, you could almost guess from the jersey when the wearer last saw the Reds in a game.

The RFL should make the clubs during their License register a Jersey Pattern that they are legally obliged to keep, Sponsors can change after the 2nd year, but must be for a minimum of 2 years, Shorts & Socks (or Stockings depending what era you are from) can be changed every year, if the franchise Club requests it.

Then we would have some loyalty to the jersey as it stands, back before SL clubs had to have a very good reason to change the pattern, look at Bradford, Whitehaven, Hull, Leeds, Saints, Dewsbury, Swinton, they all had the same jerseys for year after year.

Nobody forces anyone to buy a shirt you know. Nice sweeping generalisation about the poor northerners though. Lovely stuff.

I remember when all this was fields!,as Gav has pointed out,you don't have to buy a shirt every season and if clubs didn't produce a new one every season revenues would drop considerably.

Edited by terrywebbisgod

I just wish the Clubs would stop fleecing their hard-core supporters every year by changing their shirt/logo/sponsor or all three every year... Yada yada.

You're going to explode in a minute...

Widnes are having TWO home shirts this year! :lol:

I just wish the Clubs would stop fleecing their hard-core supporters every year by changing their shirt/logo/sponsor or all three every year, it doesn't create any kind of loyalty to a jersey, Wigan during the 80's cup run kept (More or less) the same pattern, and had 1000's of replica jerseys sold every year, Salford (for instance) change something large enough on their shirt for last seasons to become outdated immediately, thus alienating a lot of their core base who, like many northern sports, have fans who are either in low paid jobs, or are unemployed. Try taking the kids to a match and they are wearing jerseys from 6 years previously, and the opposition look like they still have a clue who they support.

When I went to see the last match at the Willows it was like going to a museum of Salford jersey design, you could almost guess from the jersey when the wearer last saw the Reds in a game.

The RFL should make the clubs during their License register a Jersey Pattern that they are legally obliged to keep, Sponsors can change after the 2nd year, but must be for a minimum of 2 years, Shorts & Socks (or Stockings depending what era you are from) can be changed every year, if the franchise Club requests it.

Then we would have some loyalty to the jersey as it stands, back before SL clubs had to have a very good reason to change the pattern, look at Bradford, Whitehaven, Hull, Leeds, Saints, Dewsbury, Swinton, they all had the same jerseys for year after year.

Sorry but that's biggest load of tosh I've read on here for a while.

We live in a free market society. Nobody forces you to buy a new shirt every year and what's wrong with wearing a shirt that is six years old to a game? Over here in Oz the older your "jersey" the more of a fan you are.

From what I understand of clubs and sponsorships, these are usually done on a yearly basis, so having a requirement that shirts and sponsors have a minimum of two years to run would remove a bucket load of potential sponsors.

My team Newtown Jets has had the same design since 1976, royal blue with three stripes on the sleeves and before that it was the same jersey since 1908. Point being that it's who is inside the shirt and what they're doing that makes me proud to follow them not what they're wearing.

Lastly, just because your club has a new strip every year your loyalty to them shouldn't change one bit, or is it just me???

Can't blame the clubs for bringing out new jerseys every year; as long as fans continue to buy them, why should they stop?

I just wish they'd keep them to the clubs colours and to some degree a traditional design that looks and feels like a RL jersey.

Clearly fans are interested in new strips - it builds excitement around the team and is actually a decent marketing tool, as well as a great revenue driver.

I think the move to summer has helped this kind of thing become possible as it is clearly many people's Christmas present sorted!

Or, just possibly, the supporters had dug out a nice old jersey that meant something to them for their last match at the venerable stadium?