Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Exiled Townie

NEW STRIP THREAD

465 posts in this topic

I do like that Rovers shirt. A good example of not being a slave to tradition but also not coming up with a gimmick-laden splurge.

seems to be an awful lot of black and grey knocking about on kits this year.. Cas away looks good

seems to be an awful lot of black and grey knocking about on kits this year.. Cas away looks good

black and grey is the new black.... sort of.

I just wish the Clubs would stop fleecing their hard-core supporters every year by changing their shirt/logo/sponsor or all three every year, it doesn't create any kind of loyalty to a jersey, Wigan during the 80's cup run kept (More or less) the same pattern, and had 1000's of replica jerseys sold every year, Salford (for instance) change something large enough on their shirt for last seasons to become outdated immediately, thus alienating a lot of their core base who, like many northern sports, have fans who are either in low paid jobs, or are unemployed. Try taking the kids to a match and they are wearing jerseys from 6 years previously, and the opposition look like they still have a clue who they support.

When I went to see the last match at the Willows it was like going to a museum of Salford jersey design, you could almost guess from the jersey when the wearer last saw the Reds in a game.

The RFL should make the clubs during their License register a Jersey Pattern that they are legally obliged to keep, Sponsors can change after the 2nd year, but must be for a minimum of 2 years, Shorts & Socks (or Stockings depending what era you are from) can be changed every year, if the franchise Club requests it.

Then we would have some loyalty to the jersey as it stands, back before SL clubs had to have a very good reason to change the pattern, look at Bradford, Whitehaven, Hull, Leeds, Saints, Dewsbury, Swinton, they all had the same jerseys for year after year.

During the 8 in a row Cup wins (88-95) Wigan wore 4 different shirt designs, 2 by umbro, 4 by Ellgren (2 different designs) & 2 by Puma, the kits were 'similar' apart from the Puma one which was quite different.

New Eagles home shirt here

eagleshome2013%203.jpg

Must say i am underwhelmed.. i like the chevron of old, even the big eagle on the shirt... its nice enough and glad there is more gold on it but cant say i'm rushing out to buy one..l will just keep wearing my late 80's chevron Whitbread one.

Edited by RP London

That Eagles shirt would look a lot better if the red was cherry-red rather than orangey-red.

New Eagles home shirt here

eagleshome2013%203.jpg

Must say i am underwhelmed.. i like the chevron of old, even the big eagle on the shirt... its nice enough and glad there is more gold on it but cant say i'm rushing out to buy one..l will just keep wearing my late 80's chevron Whitbread one.

Doesn't look the best quality either, what with the sponsors badges lifting off.

Doesn't look the best quality either, what with the sponsors badges lifting off.

i think that is genius.. but may speed up the banning of the shoulder barge over here.. good hard plastic sponsors logo sticking out.. great idea!

During the 8 in a row Cup wins (88-95) Wigan wore 4 different shirt designs, 2 by umbro, 4 by Ellgren (2 different designs) & 2 by Puma, the kits were 'similar' apart from the Puma one which was quite different.

Comedy gold but I can see what you're getting at.

3bd6583af5a14653b7b54db2c9fe7f3e_XL.jpg

Swinton2013, Based on the 1963 Championship winning one

no Saville jokes, please!

Edited by Bleep1673

Think i like it...dare i say it's a little 'halifaxish' though.

Agree with that, nice kit though! Maybe if the white hoops were a little thinner it would look more Fev and less Fax.

Its amazing how the most straightforward designs always look the best.

Mmmmmmmmm..

2012-12-13_FR-News.jpg

If I were a Fev fan I'd be a bit disappointed that it's not that 'distinctively' Featherstone.

If I were a Fev fan I'd be a bit disappointed that it's not that 'distinctively' Featherstone.

I know what you mean but with the exception of thr 'butchers apron', which tends to appear every 3/4 yrs, I'm not sure what would be distinctively Fev. Stick a 'proper' collar on it & it would be great for me.

I know what you mean but with the exception of thr 'butchers apron', which tends to appear every 3/4 yrs, I'm not sure what would be distinctively Fev. Stick a 'proper' collar on it & it would be great for me.

I think I expect the dark blue to dominate the white whereas this doesn't really do that. Still, if Fev fans are happy then all's well.

I don't think any of us saw that Swinton shirt coming though. Where do they get their ideas from?