Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Exiled Townie

NEW STRIP THREAD

465 posts in this topic

Didn't realise the Widnes kit had a star this year. I'm dead against stars on kits.

When we had McNamara as coach, the club wasn't keen on us having stars in kits.

;)

Edited by Wolford6

Didn't realise the Widnes kit had a star this year. I'm dead against stars on kits.

"We don't have stars in this game, Mrs Weaver, that's soccer"

DUnno why there's a star on it.....could it be a reference to the number of times we were World Champions?......if so, not sure if it'lll catch on.

Here's the new Kangaroos jersey. Pretty much universal dislike from fans over here.

Main points of concern is the vee doesn't go up to the shoulder, and they've screwed around with the coat of arms adding some funny vee thing in there where the smaller six states shields should be.

http://i1188.photobu...0d7eb28e5a9.jpg

When the Aussie kit is done right it's one of the best in all sports, never mind just RL. They've cocked it up this time though - looks like a pub team kit.

DUnno why there's a star on it.....could it be a reference to the number of times we were World Champions?......if so, not sure if it'lll catch on.

That's the reason given, yeah. Saints had 5 stars for 5 SL titles.Football clubs have them for all sorts of reasons. Although I like the Italian tradition of one for every 10 scudettos, it generally sucks.

I don't think you should have one for every SL title......it has to be related to a World title, whether that's World Cup Winners or World Club Champions etc

it has to be related to a World title, whether that's World Cup Winners or World Club Champions etc

Jesus! The Aussie shirt will look like the USA flag it'll have that many stars on it.

lol......they could make the chevron out of the gold stars......would still look better than the new aussie shirt design though

Jesus! The Aussie shirt will look like the USA flag it'll have that many stars on it.

A star for every 10 World Cups?

A star for every 10 World Cups?

So no stars then

Not a fan of the Aussie shirt. Why fix what wasn't broke?

Is it as bad as any of these though?

That Warriors shirt is to be worn when they play in Wellington and imo is the best of the 8.

Edited by Egg Chasing

...and does this mean Mick Potter will keel over after 75 minutes?

(spoiler alert)

There really is nowt the NRL won't flog...

00064150-leadimage.jpg

How good would it be if SL teams were that highly thought of that an advertising agency would use them to publicise something like a James Bond film though? I remember Canterbury having one off Avatar shirts which I believe they then sold on for charity.

I'm not a fan. Yes it's money but it just irks me everything in the Nissan National Rotary Watches Rugby Lax Laxatives League has a brand name on it.

I'm not a fan. Yes it's money but it just irks me everything in the Nissan National Rotary Watches Rugby Lax Laxatives League has a brand name on it.

Welcome to 2013.

Shocking kit.. im not against such things as this, but am definitely against it when it looks that bad..

Here's a pic of the St George heritage jersey. It's based on the 1929/30 jersey which was the first jersey that the Saints wore that had a vee. Before that they wore irregular hoops when they entered the comp in 1920.

SetWidth320-IMG7205.jpg

How good would it be if SL teams were that highly thought of that an advertising agency would use them to publicise something like a James Bond film though? I remember Canterbury having one off Avatar shirts which I believe they then sold on for charity.

Canterbury have had two movie tie in jerseys. Avatar in 2011 and Star Wars last year and both were auctioned off for charity.

Melbourne did a Batman Dark Night jersey last year too.

Now Tigers have done one too.

Shocking kit.. im not against such things as this, but am definitely against it when it looks that bad..

It's not as if they wear them all season. They are one off shirts for a specific purpose.

Millom's new kit

488362_583151888369753_1162299147_n.jpg

Maroon no more!