Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Exiled Townie

NEW STRIP THREAD

465 posts in this topic

I believe Warrington have gone back to primrose and blue stripes, not hoops, this year, and an away kit of green and white hoops.

There aren't many stinkers so far, probably just the Wigan and Saints kits, but then that's nothing to do with design.

Warrington Wolves 2013 home shirts hit the shelves of WolfWare today, Thursday 15th November, welcoming the new main shirt sponsor Brookson.

The team did the Wolves’ colours proud in 2012 as the club celebrated a third Challenge Cup title in four years, a second place finish in the league and a Grand Final appearance. Not only that, the up-coming Wolves’ stars also shone in Primrose and Blue when they topped the table and lifted the Valvoline Cup Final trophy.

2013 will see the players take to the pitch in new strips as they aim for more success on, and off, the field and you can buy your home colours now.

Warrington colours of the past are on show in 2013 with both the home and away shirt designs taking their inspiration from those of previous Warrington teams. The home design models itself on the first club shirt to incorporate the primrose and blue colours in vertical stripes from Wilderspool days, with the away shirt bringing the design of the mid-1990s to life once again with the red and green of former sponsor Greenalls.

Carolyn Nevinson, founder of Brookson, said: “We’re delighted to be supporting the Challenge Cup holders. It’s the perfect partnership after a year in which we received national recognition from our industry and launched our own Super League service, Brookson Connect. “We see the partnership as two winning organisations aiming high together and we hope that the new shirts bring every success for the season ahead.”

The club would also like to take this opportunity to thank them and all other kit sponsors:

University of Chester, Warrington Fabrications, Magners, Total Steelwork and Fabrications Ltd, Maxilead Metals, shorts sponsors Matrix Networks and kit suppliers ISC for their continued support.

2013 Home Replica Shirts available in WolfWare, at WolfWare Online and by calling 01925 248880.

-ENDS-

Rachel Arnott

Warrington Wolves Media and Communications Manager

Edited by Honor James

Here are Wire's new signings Jonathan Davies and Rowland Phillips, emerging from the tunnel to model the 2013 home kit:

Davies&Phillips.jpg

Blimey, they don't look very happy about it.

yes it's great not having a job.

by the way: how did you come by this knowledge?

They'll all still be there when I call for a pint after work at 4 o'clock.

Hunslet home and away kits 2013

Hunslet_Hawks_Home.jpg

Hunslet_Hawks_Away.jpg

Edited by Blackpool Hawk

Those Hunslet strips are truly horrible.

The Bulls marketing dept will now have to really pull its finger out with this year's away strip. After the debacle of designing a decent home shirt, it has now got its reputation on the line .. to be the provider of the worst strip in pro rugby.

Hunslet_Hawks_Home.jpg

Hunslet_Hawks_Away.jpg

they've got the myrtle and flame spot on: all to often with Hunslet kits it gets translated into green and yellow.

I don't know why, but I really like the designs: just something about them.

they've got the myrtle and flame spot on: all to often with Hunslet kits it gets translated into green and yellow.

I don't know why, but I really like the designs: just something about them.

Home kit designed by a schoolboy in South Leeds,good design.

Have a walk round Batley and Dewsbury on a morning and you won't find the jobless in the Job Centre their all in the pubs across the road for 9 o'clock.

Silly question, perhaps, but has this exchange of views (re unkind and unnecessary generalisations about the `out of work') migrated, in some miraculous way, from a thread on the `Any Other Business' forum?

;-)

And now I'll post what I came here a moment ago to post ..... just -passing on a Hull FC media release:

MORE NEW RANGES ARRIVE IN STORE

The club's latest merchandise ranges are now available in Hull FC retail stores for Black and Whites supporters in the run up to Christmas. With more than 100 new lines expected to hit the shelves before the festive period, fresh stock is arriving all the time and among the latest products to go on sale in the club’s retail stores at the KC Stadium and in Savile Street are some warming winter clothing.

Home kit designed by a schoolboy in South Leeds,good design.

Both designs designed by local children from the South Leeds Academy High School in an initiative which saw 300 children submitting designs for our kit, 300 children who probably didn't know we existed who have now taken part in the kit competition, attended our season launch night and now have FREE junior season tickets for 2013, superb initiative by the club.

Both designs designed by local children from the South Leeds Academy High School in an initiative which saw 300 children submitting designs for our kit, 300 children who probably didn't know we existed who have now taken part in the kit competition, attended our season launch night and now have FREE junior season tickets for 2013, superb initiative by the club.

Fantastic initiative and if they all use their season tickets,you've trebled your crowd ;)

The Bulls marketing dept will now have to really pull its finger out with this year's away strip. After the debacle of designing a decent home shirt, it has now got its reputation on the line .. to be the provider of the worst strip in pro rugby.

We've changed kit suppliers which may explain most of this

Hunslet_Hawks_Home.jpg

Hunslet_Hawks_Away.jpg

You don't see too many brown shirts in RL. The only other one I can think of is the "Chocolate Soldier" Penrith Panthers retro shirt.

You don't see too many brown shirts in RL. The only other one I can think of is the "Chocolate Soldier" Penrith Panthers retro shirt.

Aye. Not many sports teams wear brown shirts for good reasons.

Whitehaven have a famous chocolate hoop.

Chocolate and White are the clubs traditional colours.

http://www.hunsletrugby.co.uk/club-colours/

Edited by Blackpool Hawk

Good link up with the Fijian connection, is this the first time that the Greater Manchester area will have seen a palm tree outdoors all year long?