Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cato89

Best Local Player.

24 posts in this topic

Whos the best player you have seen in a Town shirt from the Allerdale area?

Dont know where this question came from like :lol:

I suppose it depends how far you want to go back, I'm sure back in the fifties and sixties a few of our stars were local. Although I've probably forgot many many players from the more recent past I'd pick either Buck or Lunt.

Stephen holgate would have to be up there, hard to pick as there have been lots since I started watching. Buck was a man mountain on our rise to the top, like of Peter Riley and penrice were excellent servants to the club, then you have players from recent years like Lunt, matty and phillips.

Stephen holgate would have to be up there, hard to pick as there have been lots since I started watching. Buck was a man mountain on our rise to the top, like of Peter Riley and penrice were excellent servants to the club, then you have players from recent years like Lunt, matty and phillips.

Surely Holly and Matty are from Copeland aren't they?

What about les gorley he played at haven late on in his career was still awesome then must have been special in his prime

Barry Williams.

Seconded, most naturally gifted player I have seen from round here, just a shame he didnt use it to its full though. But what a player.

Garry mattinson !!

:lol: :lol: the one and only Gary Matt!

Whos the best player you have seen in a Town shirt from Copeland and il Say Ian Rudd

Whos the best player you have seen in a Town shirt from Copeland and il Say Ian Rudd

boxer