Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

town4me

half back

78 posts in this topic

I think most of us would agree we need a halfback for next season. We dont seem to be linked with anyone at the moment. I have faith in the BOD to deliver but hope its sooner rather than later. Anyone heard any rumours? It will be a key position in a tougher league. I see the jampots have landed neil thorman from the skolars.

Was talking about this the other day and my mind went back to some of the quality half backs we have had in the past...and thought about Shane Varley, now he was class. Without being disrespectful to our current incumbents, we need a player with a spark who can turn a game and backs up play. How many tries would Kaighan have scored sitting on our packs shoulder last season?

The board and coaches know we need to strengthen and by the way they have so far this off-season I believe they will deliver.

Was talking about this the other day and my mind went back to some of the quality half backs we have had in the past...and thought about Shane Varley, now he was class. Without being disrespectful to our current incumbents, we need a player with a spark who can turn a game and backs up play. How many tries would Kaighan have scored sitting on our packs shoulder last season?

The board and coaches know we need to strengthen and by the way they have so far this off-season I believe they will deliver.

yes i'm sure they will be keen to bring in a HB and maybe it'll be well worth the wait. Like you say someone with a bit of spark playing behind our pack will bring tries.

I wonder if it will be the position we fill with an overseas player.

I wonder if it will be the position we fill with an overseas player.

thats what I'm thinking too wonky

whaven have signed neil thorman from skolars, isnt he a half back? sean long is gonna sign for us wait n see

He is 28 hardly passed it and I'm sure if town were offered now a half back pairing of Rooney thorman you would snap it up,funny no ones mention Scott Macs signing on for us again wonder why?

He is 28 hardly passed it and I'm sure if town were offered now a half back pairing of Rooney thorman you would snap it up,funny no ones mention Scott Macs signing on for us again wonder why?

Cos we don't care about your club, more of use care about town than dirthaven

probably because we never thought he was coming to Town :D ,anyhow havent you a presentation evening to be preparing for..............doh you dont have them do you ;):rolleyes::lol:

probably because we never thought he was coming to Town :D ,anyhow havent you a presentation evening to be preparing for..............doh you dont have them do you ;):rolleyes::lol:

Hahahahahaha when is your presentation night 'haven4ever'?

You can have thorman and rooney but you have no pack for them to play behind??

and by the way i didnt mean thorman was passed it i ment sean long

Apparently Jackson is already regretting signing for the heap down the road...

Why does he want to play half back for Town?

He is 28 hardly passed it and I'm sure if town were offered now a half back pairing of Rooney thorman you would snap it up.

:lol: Yep, we are desperate for such a high quality half back partnership as that......