Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bones

Things about music that I really love......

26 posts in this topic

The ying to the yang of the "musical annoyances" thread.....

In no particular order-

Metallicas "Master of Puppets" album

Angus Youngs playing on "If You Want Blood You've Got It" album

Marshall amps

Watching a live band and knowing that the band are really enjoying it

Gigging

Anything Stevie Ray Vaughan ever played

Soul, feeling, grunt, passion or whatever else you want to call it

Really clever lyrics

Rebellion Festival

Edward Van Halen

Vintage guitars

Hundreds of bands

Music full stop.

Exactly. The thing about music I really love is that it doesn't matter what you personally like.........aerosmith, animals, beatles to ultravox, verve, waterboys, xray specs, yes, zz top. Hip hop to classical, choir singing to heavy metal when you listen to what you are into it just makes you feel good. It can make you smile even when you are at your lowest.

Exactly. The thing about music I really love is that it doesn't matter what you personally like.........aerosmith, animals, beatles to ultravox, verve, waterboys, xray specs, yes, zz top. Hip hop to classical, choir singing to heavy metal when you listen to what you are into it just makes you feel good. It can make you smile even when you are at your lowest.

Yes.

October 1987. Within about 10 days I went to see DRI in London and Circle Jerks and Gang Green in Nottingham. And several other gigs in between.

Awesome times.

I love music because there is no way you could write anything with this level of emotional complexity

or this brutal simplicity

and make it worthwhile.

I love music because there is no way you could write anything with this level of emotional complexity

or this brutal simplicity

[media=]

and make it worthwhile.

Two good calls there

The thing I love about music, both as a musician and a fan is when you get the shivers down the spine from a piece of music, especially when it happens the first time you hear it, this happened to me on many songs but one that always sticks in my mind is 'Moving to California' by Straw (it was used on Trigger Happy TV). Theres quite a few sigur rós songs that do this aswell.

the way it touches your feelings in so many ways, often unexpectedly and in so many instances in the simplest of ways.

Kathleen Ferrier's voice, right through to Otis Reddings

Gene Krupa's drumming right through to Sandy Denny's tenderness

Nick Drake's reflectiveness right to a Pete Townshend power chord.

If it's honest and sincere, ###### free and unpretentious, then generally speaking it'll do for me.

The Beatles.

I feel proud just for coming from the same country as them.

The Beatles.

I feel proud just for coming from the same country as them.

You need to let go of this :rolleyes:

The way music can change your emotions. I was feeling good, until I heard last nights Feeling Good on "The Choir", & then it touched a nerve & I couldn't speak.

My iPod has a very many different styles and genres and ages, from Opera through 30's Jazz, & Blues, 50's Skiffle, 60's Ska, 70's Glam, Mostly 80's, but plenty of 90's & 2000's, I have very good contacts through a Surgeon whose brother is a record company researcher, and my partner has a 19 year old daughter into rap/hip-hop/R&B, & a brother who has an immense collection of 60's/70's reggae & Ska.

I grew up listening to my Dad's R&R & his Gilbert & Sullivan the brilliant thing that my Dad taught me is there is no such thing as ###### music, there is only music you are not in the mood for now, maybe later.

Mood influences music & vice versa

The fact that the Beatles has killed the music scene in Liverpool for the last 50 years is great. (Irony)

You could sell the number 1 single all year, but because you come from Liverpool, you will still be the second biggest group in the city.

Shane McGowans lyrics

I like..

..Rhythm

...Harmony

....Tunefulness

........Dynamics

...........Timbre

.............Texture

...............Challenge

.................Emotion

That's why I like Cheryl Cole.

The fact that there are now so many pubs offering places for local bands to play and hand-pulled beer to drink.

I saw a really good blues band last night in the Shoulder of Mutton at Shelf. The singer is apparently in a different band tonight at the Bridge in Bradford.

The fact that there are now so many pubs offering places for local bands to play and hand-pulled beer to drink.

I saw a really good blues band last night in the Shoulder of Mutton at Shelf. The singer is apparently in a different band tonight at the Bridge in Bradford.

What band was it? On my doorstep almost that. (Well 3 miles!)

What band was it? On my doorstep almost that. (Well 3 miles!)

Can't remember the band's name. I don't even know the singers name for certain ... Keith I think ... though I've been on nodding terms with him for years. He owns the DIY shop on Wibsey High Street.

When I lived in Uxbridge the Live Music act (or whatever it was called) (License) was brought in. I used to go to the Rising Sun in South Harrow & saw Jamiroquoi there, but when licensing was brought in it killed the live music scene in W. London.

Although I don't attend pubs anymore, I am pleased to announce that there are a lot of Pubs in & around Hastings that has live bands every weekend, & some even more than that.

http://www.thebrassmonkeyhastings.co.uk/index.html

http://www.the-carlisle.co.uk/

are 2 of the better venues

Agreed! It's amazing what great music you can hear for the cost of a few pints. Love Swindon's local music scene especially Buswell, Good Things happen in Bad Towns and Gaz Brookfield.