Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robin  Evans

At least it's being discussed.....

68 posts in this topic

I'll see what I can do mate!

he'll have thi playing no7 next week. Mark my words and be warned. Shaking hands with suggy means you're contracted to playing afe back for Selby!!!!!!! :lol:

he'll have thi playing no7 next week. Mark my words and be warned. Shaking hands with suggy means you're contracted to playing afe back for Selby!!!!!!! :lol:

Talked a 47 year old copper into playing this week

You're never reight you!

Talked a 47 year old copper into playing this week

I used to play #### half/left wing/ hooker. Any chance of a game of the subs bench at 78.

Having heard so much about Selby Warriors I looked them up. It says that 'Suggy' has finally got the job he wanted as JT the official Cas mascot. Have I made a mistake. I thought he was Fev through and through. I intend no crticism people do what they want just a bit confused that's all.

I was away last week so I've only just read this topic. I agree with Gav's proposal, it's similar to what many of us on this forum have been harping on about for a couple of years. The salary caps are bit unreallistic though, the clubs in the top tier would never allow the bottom tier to get nearly half as much as them, and why would the 2nd tier need much more than £1M, which would give an average salary of nearly £50K?

The most important factors though, are the names of the leagues and the associated media coverage! The name "Super League" is divisive, that and little or no media coverage in many cases is a chief reason for pathetic crowds at many struggling clubs. If the name Super League is to remain it must be SL1 and SL2, with the RFL campaigning amongst the media that ALL results are published in newspapers and read out on TV and Radio, including Radio 5 and Look North, Calendar etc. If we can promote the game from the bottom up, Sky subscriptions and sponsorship should increase in non-Super League areas, and we might get more money from Sky and sponsors alike!

You're never reight you!

Neither is he now

I used to play #### half/left wing/ hooker. Any chance of a game of the subs bench at 78.

Colin you really shouldnt joke about things like that, youl be getting a call

Having heard so much about Selby Warriors I looked them up. It says that 'Suggy' has finally got the job he wanted as JT the official Cas mascot. Have I made a mistake. I thought he was Fev through and through. I intend no crticism people do what they want just a bit confused that's all.

Ha, yes one of the lads been a bit naughty there, i can take a joke but that wasnt funny

Been working on Phil Butler all week, says he will if i do

I used to play #### half .......

Sometimes, these typos can be funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes, these typos can be funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No typo Griff. When I played I was still doing the 3 'r's and had one to go. We also played back to back games on the muc stacks. When I was playing one way I WAS the #### half. Apart from all that some people thought I was #### because I had nought and lived in a back to back house. When I passed my exams and became BA(Hons) ACIB the lasses from the big houses in Purston who wouldn't look the side we were one at Lister Hall Baths dances in the old days suddenly remembered we had had a childhood in some proximity together. Then it was my turn to ignore them. C'est le Guerre.

No typo Griff. When I played I was still doing the 3 'r's and had one to go. We also played back to back games on the muc stacks. When I was playing one way I WAS the #### half. Apart from all that some people thought I was #### because I had nought and lived in a back to back house. When I passed my exams and became BA(Hons) ACIB the lasses from the big houses in Purston who wouldn't look the side we were one at Lister Hall Baths dances in the old days suddenly remembered we had had a childhood in some proximity together. Then it was my turn to ignore them. C'est le Guerre.

I meant 'on' not 'one'. Of course I had a typist when I was working, so you can't expect.....

Colin you really shouldnt joke about things like that, youl be getting a call

My time is a bit taken up Suggie, but if I can give you the odd day from time to time on any front I am qualified in please let me know. Think you are doing a great job. Col.

My mistake. :huh:

Any club in SL now or in the future MUST have an U23, U20, U18s team for me. Not all players straight away are Sl or near to Sl standard- look at Jamie Peacock for example. The quota should be cut to 1 just like the championship. Whilst it would be nice to see Fax, Fev etc in SL, it has to be on terms which see us being treated fairly but also one that benefits the game. If we cant afford to be in Sl in some way then we shouldnt be there. Halifax, featherstone and Sheffield have achieved so much good work this past few years and it would be a real shame that could be destroyed by us being shoved in to a system which doesnt benefit us or others. Academy Rugby should be one of the most important things a club should do. The heart of any clubs playing staff should come from within its own ranks. Its my opinion why Leeds, Wigan and St.Helens have had so much success as the players have an extra pull towards the club and know the system and what is required. I think the TV money needs to be distributed more evenly. Maybe the RFL needs to take away the decision making from clubs though each division could have a seat on the board who make the decisions. Too many decisions are made especially from SL clubs that just benefit them and not the whole game

This is just a cost cutting exercise. We now have U19s and U16s.

If you're 16, you're probably not going to hack it in the U19s so what do you do ? Maybe consider RU .....

If you're 19, your Superleague career is over if you've not made it already. Even for backs, that's very early to be thrown on the scrapheap. For props, it's ridiculous.

This agreeing wi griff lark is getting tedious now.

Bless me if Barrie McDermott doesn't agree with us as well, Robin.

Probably read it here. :lol:B)

Bless me if Barrie McDermott doesn't agree with us as well, Robin.

Probably read it here. :lol:B)

Thank God for amateur RL.

This is just a cost cutting exercise. We now have U19s and U16s.

If you're 16, you're probably not going to hack it in the U19s so what do you do ? Maybe consider RU .....

If you're 19, your Superleague career is over if you've not made it already. Even for backs, that's very early to be thrown on the scrapheap. For props, it's ridiculous.

There should be a mandatory U23's side... under that optional.

It seems that there was a meeting about a 20 team, two division $uperleague yesterday.

Don't know the outcome though. :(

From a Hull FC forum held at the KC last night...

When the next round of SL franchising comes around, 12 teams and reinstatement of promotion and relegation is looking likely.

The man certainly seems to be keeping to his word, after the Kath Hetherington era, he said he would always be accessible and keep the fans informed of what's going on.

I wonder if some other folk involved in SL would rather he didn't.

From Adam Pearson, Hull Chairman, last night. Might answer how things may head in 2015.

It's the financial arrangements which will make it work or fail ....