Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robin  Evans

At least it's being discussed.....

68 posts in this topic

It's the financial arrangements which will make it work or fail ....

Aye. Doesn't matter what it's called or how many teams are in, there is always going to be one top divison and one 2nd tier. Unless we go back to one giant league that is..... :lol:

why don't we just go back everyone play everyone or 2 tier like the old stones bitter championship

Aye. Doesn't matter what it's called or how many teams are in, there is always going to be one top divison and one 2nd tier. Unless we go back to one giant league that is..... :lol:

Yes !! We all play each other home and away with promotion every three years because that's how long it would take to complete the season. :lol:

Yes !! We all play each other home and away with promotion every three years because that's how long it would take to complete the season. :lol:

if there's only one division where are you going to get promoted to

if there's only one division where are you going to get promoted to

:blink:

It wasn't a serious proposal, oldrover. :dry::mellow:

:huh:

:blink:

It wasn't a serious proposal, oldrover. :dry::mellow:

:huh:

you can never tell these days

you can never tell these days

Fair comment. There are lots of things about the game that I think are a joke and it turns out they're true. :dry:

Fair comment. There are lots of things about the game that I think are a joke and it turns out they're true. :dry:

Intrigued by your comments on this forum Griff I decided to look you up on Google. It says: By day Griff is an ordinary office worker in an everyday town. He has a secluded life and his only friend in his bullied life is his brother. BUT by night he assumes his other identity, roaming the dark streeets at night in costume trying to rescue somebody. It turns out to be him who need rescuing and it is a woman who does it. Still to his mind he is an invisible hero.

Sounds a bit like you are you going to confess?.

Intrigued by your comments on this forum Griff I decided to look you up on Google. It says: By day Griff is an ordinary office worker in an everyday town. He has a secluded life and his only friend in his bullied life is his brother. BUT by night he assumes his other identity, roaming the dark streeets at night in costume trying to rescue somebody. It turns out to be him who need rescuing and it is a woman who does it. Still to his mind he is an invisible hero.

Sounds a bit like you are you going to confess?.

I think few people would regard me as invisible.

Invisible?? Well that's one descriptor!!! There are a few more I'd use afoore that one!!

I think few people would regard me as invisible.

so is toothache :D

It seems that there was a meeting about a 20 team, two division $uperleague yesterday.

Don't know the outcome though. :(

Sky Sports News on Friday morning said a working party was to be set up to investigate the viability of re-intorducing P&R for 2015, but if this means only having 12 clubs there will be less fans watching the game after a few years, unless we have a 2nd tier of Super League. As far as most of the national media are concerned, they call Union "Rugby", and Rugby League "Super League". If you're not in Super League you don't exist.

A second tier is a second tier - whether you call it $uperleague or the Co-op Champs.

A second tier is a second tier - whether you call it $uperleague or the Co-op Champs.

obviously, but then marketing comes into it.

obviously, but then marketing comes into it.

Mmmmm .... can't say that I've ever been seduced into thinking that the Co-op Champ 1 is the country's most important competition.

Nor, I suspect, will many be fooled into thinking that $uperleague 2 is anything but the second tier by another name. And if they are, they'll realise very quickly.

Mmmmm .... can't say that I've ever been seduced into thinking that the Co-op Champ 1 is the country's most important competition.

Nor, I suspect, will many be fooled into thinking that $uperleague 2 is anything but the second tier by another name. And if they are, they'll realise very quickly.

we've watched, and know the game. it's about attracting the newbies. a bit like cougarmania or bull****.

Touble is the Co-Op Championship doesn't exist as far as the media is concerned, and in most cases the two forms of rugby are "Rugby" (Union) and "Super League", although I have a sneaking feeling the reason for this is that it's just how the Oligarths at Headingley, Wigan, etc want it!