Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Severus

Outrageous comments or just good advice?

10 posts in this topic

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-20082493

Seems like an internet security chief for the cabinet office has sparked a bit of outrage by advising people not to use accurate details when filling in forms on websites. I don't get the outrage, surely this is just good advice.

Do you have something to confess? :angry:

Is Severus not your name? ;)

I think the issue that some people are inferring is that he is blaming the victims of online crime rather than the criminals.

But that may or may not be the case.

It's perfectly sound advice.

Utter nonsense story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-20082493

Seems like an internet security chief for the cabinet office has sparked a bit of outrage by advising people not to use accurate details when filling in forms on websites. I don't get the outrage, surely this is just good advice.

I fill them in with the details of people I don't like...

... no, not really....

No, really.

I was told ages ago that if you think your e mails are being hacked and scam e-mails are being sent to everyone on your contact list, register aaaaa@aaaaaaaa.com as a contact, then when the machine hacks into your account & gets a negative hit on the first e mail it will give up on your account & move on to the next one. It seems to work as I've not had my account hacked in over 4 years.

My name is actually Phil

I don't have a problem with using my actual name here or on twitter as I never say anything that I wouldn't say to someones face.

Bank details etc..... it goes without saying that you don't give them out.

Although, as it happens I have been left a large sum by a deceased government official and will deposit 10% into your bank account if you send me various details. Honest

I am very weary.

B)