Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Frightful

Wales v England, Wrexham. 27/10/2012 K.O. 2.30pm

186 posts in this topic

Teams according to BBC website...

Wales (probable): D James (South Wales); E Kear (Bradford), M Channing (London Broncos), C Roets (North Wales), R Massam (North Wales); D Jones (Keighley), M Seamark (Wynnum Manly); G Dudson (Wigan), N Budworth (Mackay), C Kopczak (Huddersfield, capt), R Lloyd (Wigan), B Evans (Warrington), B Flower (Wigan). Subs: R Pugsley (Wigan), J James (Salford), D Fleming (Castleford), C Moss (Keighley).

England (probable): Z Hardaker (Leeds); J Charnley (Wigan), K Watkins (Leeds), L Cudjoe (Huddersfield) or C Ablett (Leeds), R Hall (Leeds); K Sinfield (Leeds, capt), R Myler (Warrington); C Hill (Warrington), M McIlorum (Wigan), L Mossop (Wigan), G Ellis (Wests Tigers), G Hock (Wigan), S O'Loughlin (Wigan). Subs: A Morley (Warrington), R Burrow (Leeds), B Harrison (Warrington), J Jones-Buchanan (Leeds).

Referee: T Alibert (France).

could be watkins midssing out and been replaced by cudjoe. either way not a big problem as england should win with ease

Can't go ... had to work and didn't finish in time.

Got changed and everything but not quite enough time to get there because so much of the M62 is down to 50mph speed limit.

Pig Sick.

Come on Wales!!!

teams announced on twitter as:

England:

Hardaker, Charnley, Watkins, Cudjoe, Hall, Sinfield, Myler

Morley, Mcillorum, Hill, JJB, Ellis, O'Loughlin

Subs:

Burrow, Hock, Mossop, Ablett

Wales:

Moss, Kear, Channing, Roets, James, Jones, Seamark

James, Budworth, Kopczak, Lloyd, Evans, Flower

Subs:

Dudson, Fleming, Burke, Parry

Looking forward to seeing England play again.. Watkins to score a bunch of tries!

Can't go ... had to work and didn't finish in time.

Got changed and everything but not quite enough time to get there because so much of the M62 is down to 50mph speed limit.

Pig Sick.

Come on Wales!!!

Similar story here.

All I'm bothered about is a good game that isn't too one sided.

teams announced on twitter as:

England:

Hardaker, Charnley, Watkins, Cudjoe, Hall, Sinfield, Myler

Morley, Mcillorum, Hill, JJB, Ellis, O'Loughlin

Subs:

Burrow, Hock, Mossop, Ablett

Decent team when you look at the players that are not in the squad:

Tomkins, Westwood, Atkins, Graham, Burgess, Roby plus others are very strong players to come into the squad if on form.

As an aside, we often get told that McNamara makes all sorts of random selections playing players out of position. What's this based on?

Read on twitter that Jamie Peacock can't find a bar on holiday to show the game. I cant imagine his footballing equivalent having such a problem.

Looking forward to seeing Ben Evans play for Wales.... Rated highly by Wires, injuries have been a concern... But everyone are hopeful he'll make it.

Match predication. A battering for Wales Maybe 14 tries to England a couple for Wales.

Sorry to have to mention it, but the size of this crowd just highlights the challenge that lies ahead for next year's World Cup.

This stadium should have been bursting at the seams.

Sorry to have to mention it, but the size of this crowd just highlights the challenge that lies ahead for next year's World Cup.

This stadium should have been bursting at the seams.

What was the crowd last time England played Wales at Wrexham? (Mid season match, mid 00s?)

Is it higher or lower than that?

Good to be ten posts in and discussing the crowd. I feel like we've hit our mark early.

Sorry again, but one more moan!

Why no Welsh representation by the BBC. Why no JD, or some of the other players that have played for them over the years. Did I blink and miss the interview with the Welsh squad members? This has been 100% focused on England.

Also, bloody Ray French - this looks and sounds like RL from 20 years back!

What was the crowd last time England played Wales at Wrexham? (Mid season match, mid 00s?)

Good to be ten posts in and discussing the crowd. I feel like we've hit our mark early.

Yeah, apologies, was not meaning to drag the thread into a crowd discussion, more a comment on next year's WC, which despite everything being positive so far, I'm still incredibly worried about!

I agree with Dave. Its disappointing whichever way you look at it. A few more on the gate would surely boost the players- its not irrelevant.

Answer my own question: in 2001, a Wales v England match in Wrexham drew 6,373.

The mid season match v France this year drew 1,464.

I'm off to look in twitter for people claiming it would be sold out if it was GB playing.

I'm off to look in twitter for people claiming it would be sold out if it was GB playing.

You might struggle, Myler just knocked on so they'll all be saying how Lomax should have played instead.

Wales look a well organised team, I thought the same last week. The problem is they don't really have any spark, but they've started well so far.

This game is a godsend for the moaners. England win and it's meaningless, England win well and it's even worse, England lose and we might as well all start playing rugby union.

Good link play from the English halves. Hall in.

Last

This game is a godsend for the moaners. England win and it's meaningless, England win well and it's even worse, England lose and we might as well all start playing rugby union.

And (final one on this point) if Myler has a poor game it's because he's a poor player, but score five tries and it's because he's just a good support player.