Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Frightful

Wales v England, Wrexham. 27/10/2012 K.O. 2.30pm

186 posts in this topic

Did you see that knock on from Myler, why isn't Lomax playing?

And why didn't either winger go round under. the posts? Tom Briscoe would have done.

"Cough."

You wouldn't blame Tomkins for going to Union looking at the potential crowds he could be playing in front of at Twikkers

RL fans don't attend games against Aus because they are sure to lose. Yet games against 'lesser' nations aren't worth attending either.

I don't understand.

RL fans don't attend games against Aus because they are sure to lose. Yet games against 'lesser' nations aren't worth attending either.

I don't understand.

I do - fans want to watch games where results are in doubt

So we can forget about ever having good crowds for internationals then..

And what explains the crowds for Wales RU against the All Blacks?

The Welsh kicking's been poor. Looking a bit handy at flicking the ball around, but seem to be a bit surprised when it happens. Beautiful play resulting in that try, fantastic running from Hardakre.

Not in other sports.

Looking on twitter......

The RFL are idiots and clowns because the Aussies and Kiwis refused to play or host us and we have to make do with what we have.

Sometimes, I really cannot stand RL fans.

More nice link play from the halves. Another nice offload from Cudjoe to put Hall in.

Looking on twitter......

The RFL are idiots and clowns because the Aussies and Kiwis refused to play or host us and we have to make do with what we have.

Sometimes, I really cannot stand RL fans.

TBH mate I've stopped looking! I spent my time browsing the RLWC site and buying a couple of tickets for NZ v Samoa and Italy v Scotland. Much more positive use of my time!

TBH mate I've stopped looking! I spent my time browsing the RLWC site and buying a couple of tickets for NZ v Samoa and Italy v Scotland. Much more positive use of my time!

I know what you mean mate. But lots of people doing the slating are ex or current players.

OK its not a world shaking event but ffs it gets on my ####.

"And someone's in in the corner" FFS I don't want to moan, I really don't - I want this tournament to cach the imagination but please put French out to grass!

I've just had a look at a couple of club boards on RLFans, and what troubles me is that the arguments don't even make sense.

They're watching on TV, but apparently it's ###### because England are obviously going to win. What exactly are the RFL to do? Kneecap Sinfield and Ryan Hall before kick-off, and insist they play?

They're watching on TV, but apparently it's ###### because there's no-one there. What exactly are the RFL to do? Give out 14,000 free tickets before kick-off and coerce locals into the ground? If they did, they'd have Canetman, Northern Sol and Oiseau harping on about a rent-a-crowd.

It's just pathetic people with nothing better to do having a whinge because the internet allows them a platform to do so. And it isn't half depressing.

it's rugby league. It's on the BBC. It's on a Saturday afternoon. What's there to moan about? Honestly.

He's no Lomax. :)

Enjoying the game. The crowd's ok for a game without context save as preparation for next year.

Wales will be better for the last 2 weeks. I wonder if there are any NRL Taffs?

Great to see Watkins go so well. One of our problem positions solved.

With Hardaker looking so good at 1 perhaps we could play Sam in the halves?

Some great skill and athleticism on show.

Been a great week for international RL.

An irony free thread, thank goodness. Full of people moaning about moaners.

An irony free thread, thank goodness. Full of people moaning about moaners.

You can say that if you like. Personally it almost makes me sack RL. Its not like its just this year - they were at it last year and every year.

I can't stand it.

Baby Josh looks the part. I would have played Briscoe ahead of him - maybe Briscoe will get a run next week?

In Hardacre, Sam, Watkins, Reed, Briscoe, Baby and Hall we have the makings of a good back 5. Widdop and Sinny perhaps in he halves.

My one major concern is the 9 13 combination. Just not sure that Roby and Lockers would work...

Happy days.

You can say that if you like. Personally it almost makes me sack RL. Its not like its just this year - they were at it last year and every year.

I can't stand it.

It's ferking simple mate. Don't torture yourself by reading garbage. Just watch the game and enjoy.

Hock in unnecessary bust up shocker. As McDermott would say "he's just not that sort of player".