Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Frightful

Wales v England, Wrexham. 27/10/2012 K.O. 2.30pm

186 posts in this topic

It's ferking simple mate. Don't torture yourself by reading garbage. Just watch the game and enjoy.

Not always mate. And even if I ignore it, the fact so many people have this attitude depresses me. It makes me wonder if they are actually the majority.

Not always mate. And even if I ignore it, the fact so many people have this attitude depresses me. It makes me wonder if they are actually the majority.

Even folk who post consistently negative stuff which I nearly always disagree with still do care deeply about the game however odd that may appear. I think the internet in general gives a skewed view of the majority view.

There are some posters on here who go looking for doom & gloom posts to get indignant about.

BTW who said it'd be 14 tries to 2?? Spot on at the mo

I know what you mean mate. But lots of people doing the slating are ex or current players.

OK its not a world shaking event but ffs it gets on my ####.

Was surprised to see George Riley slating it, despite his employers broadcasting the event, he was saying he doesn't see the point of this game or the series.

I'll remind him of this next time he is banging on about a RU or Football game when one team wins easily.

Looking forward to seeing Ben Evans play for Wales.... Rated highly by Wires, injuries have been a concern... But everyone are hopeful he'll make it.

Match predication. A battering for Wales Maybe 14 tries to England a couple for Wales.

Wow!

Was surprised to see George Riley slating it, despite his employers broadcasting the event, he was saying he doesn't see the point of this game or the series.

I'll remind him of this next time he is banging on about a RU or Football game when one team wins easily.

It is just as meaningful as the RU 6 nations.

It is just as meaningful as the RU 6 nations.

The problem is you dont see enormous scorelines like todays in the six nations despite the fact that Scotland are worse than Wales at RL.

There has been an intrinsic problem with our rules since we ditched the 5m rule and competitive scrums. The best team on paper generally wins and with a large margin. You only see close games when teams are VERY evenly matched. Shocks are rarer than rocking horse ####

Wow!

Wish I'd put my money on it!!

I await OF to till me the odds on that predication.

The problem is you dont see enormous scorelines like todays in the six nations despite the fact that Scotland are worse than Wales at RL.

There has been an intrinsic problem with our rules since we ditched the 5m rule and competitive scrums. The best team on paper generally wins and with a large margin. You only see close games when teams are VERY evenly matched. Shocks are rarer than rocking horse ####

Wales and Ireland always but always lose to the All Blacks. But the stadiums are always full.

How come when they know they will lose ?

no crowd because everybody knows its going to be a slaughter.what good does this do for welsh r.l.? But i'm sure super duper league with bradford and salford know what they are doing.

Wales and Ireland always but always lose to the All Blacks. But the stadiums are always full.

But have some great tussles !

14 tries is a joke!!

Union fans love their rugby more than league fans........#### that hurts to type but it true, the attendances prove it.

The possesion in the second half must have been 80/20 and the Welsh just capitulated. People who know RL recognise this. In fairness to Wales it was not 40-0 after half an hour and England going through the motions. Wales had a real dig for the first 50 minutes and then fell apart.

Wales last year had Briers, White, Lennon and Emmitt in that squad. All those kids in Wales jersey will be better for it 12 months down the line. As for moaners, I actually thought England were superb in that second half. Is there any team in the world with back row options better than Burgess, Westwood, Ellis and Hock? Hope they are all fit for next year.

Something to do with P&R?

just been looking at some of the comments on the various facebook pages of RL forums/websites.. jesus christ.. people just baffle me. life must be so unenjoyable and bloody miserable for some of these 'fans'.

But have some great tussles !

14 tries is a joke!!

Union fans love their rugby more than league fans........#### that hurts to type but it true, the attendances prove it.

That's not the point, they know they will lose.

Your second point is sadly too true.

Union fans love their rugby more than league fans........#### that hurts to type but it true, the attendances prove it

I agree..

I enjoyed watching the game, even though we all knew it was going to be a stroll..

If a Premier League side wins 8-1 they will put it as first game on Match of the Day. If a RL side scores some spectacular tries and get 80 we say the game is dead. I am excited about the potential of this England side and they will give it a real dig next year.

I forcast that England will trounce the Exiles next year off the back of being together this autumn and will have a real chance in the WC.

Wales last year had Briers, White, Lennon and Emmitt in that squad. All those kids in Wales jersey will be better for it 12 months down the line. As for moaners, I actually thought England were superb in that second half. Is there any team in the world with back row options better than Burgess, Westwood, Ellis and Hock? Hope they are all fit for next year.

This.

To be fair though the England V Wales fixture cold be compared to England RU v Canada RU which would give you a similarly lopsided score.

To be fair though the England V Wales fixture cold be compared to England RU v Canada RU which would give you a similarly lopsided score.

I'm also trying to think of sports in which an England v Wales fixture would be anything other than an odds-on victory for England.

So far I've come up with rugby union and Welsh baseball.

Not that that makes lopsidedness in rugby league acceptable but, you know, one country has 50 million people and the other doesn't.

It would probably not be a lopsided score in football also. RL is a very unforgiving game where even small differences in class can lead to big scores.

The RFL I think are making a real effort with International RL, you can't please all the people all the time and it was very one sided, BUT we had another organised international tournament, live on BBC with an England team looking in decent form.

Everything takes time to build, and this comp may not be the best format or at the right time potentially, but surely better than no RL in Oct/Nov?

I think Richard Lewis was a real asset for RL before he went and the RLEF put the Aussie counterparts to shame. Versus 10 years ago Intetnational RL is on good helath, hopefully in ten years time it will be even stronger!

It would probably not be a lopsided score in football also.

I've just looked this up: England have played Wales 44 times since the end of World War 2 in competitive matches in football (qualifiers and home nations rather than friendlies).

Wales have won four times. In the four matches played this century they haven't even scored a goal.

So not lop-sided but not exactly competitive either.

Good performance by England in my opinion. Lots of promise from Wales, though and Ian Millward was complimentary about the "structure".the way the Welsh team held their positions in attack and defence.He reckoned that Wales ptb was too slow which gave the England defence too much time.

on Radio Five Live just now, Harris reckoned Wales were out-muscled, too. To me they looked short in defence on both wings.

All round good show from England. Wales though, and England need more training together and playing together before the WC or they are in danger of forgetting what they have learned.

Good performance by England in my opinion. Lots of promise from Wales, though and Ian Millward was complimentary about the "structure".the way the Welsh team held their positions in attack and defence.He reckoned that Wales ptb was too slow which gave the England defence too much time.

on Radio Five Live just now, Harris reckoned Wales were out-muscled, too. To me they looked short in defence on both wings.

All round good show from England. Wales though, and England need more training together and playing together before the WC or they are in danger of forgetting what they have learned.

Exactly, had England stepped off the gas and it would have finished 52-18 everyone would be slating McNamara and giving things a false persepctive. The coach obviously asked the team to go full on to the end and England played some fantastic stuff.