Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Frightful

Wales v England, Wrexham. 27/10/2012 K.O. 2.30pm

186 posts in this topic

softly softly catchy monkee http://www.walesrugb...ge-of-centre-is

Excellent, that's the way to go.

I saw Iestyn harris mention a C of E on Deeside but google came up with nothing so thanks for posting that. it needs its own website (or have I missed something?)

Two tweets from George Riley

1. Still feeling ropey so no rugby league today :( I am however finding fans watching on tv & slagging off the crowd a little rich.)

2. England could put 70 on Wales here. Really hope I'm wrong. Can't see the benefit of this fixture or series really. And I love the game.

At least the fans didn't slag off the whole series, eh , George?

One could take the view that England have quite a few top class prospects coming through and are greatly improving and this should give their fans hope for challenging the Australians and New Zealanders next year.

One could also take the view that France are improving due to the emergence of some quality players at the Catalans.

One could also take the view that Wales were unfortunate to meet these two teams when they were on the up and when Wales did not have their full strength line up available.

If England destroy France like they did Wales,we will know if that theory re England is correct.

One could take the view that England have quite a few top class prospects coming through and are greatly improving and this should give their fans hope for challenging the Australians and New Zealanders next year.

One could also take the view that France are improving due to the emergence of some quality players at the Catalans.

One could also take the view that Wales were unfortunate to meet these two teams when they were on the up and when Wales did not have their full strength line up available.

If England destroy France like they did Wales,we will know if that theory re England is correct.

Your opening sentence could be taken as predictable, that is without regarding any thought to the quality of the opposition. Sadly I do not believe that any such hopes as you mention can be laid down following this showing from England by what I honestly believe would have had 40 or 50 points put on it by the two S/Hemi premier Nations.

I am not denigrating R/L, on the contrary, matches of this nature are as has been said applicable to any sport, especially R/U. The score on Saturday has been dwarfed in all of their recent W/cup tournaments, with scores of 150+ recorded, this also in a game where tries are often as rare as rocking horse sh**. So for anyone to judge R/L as being too one sided at times, who has a leaning towards the other form of rugby as a manner to put our game down, is more than a little rich, however back to point in question.

I too love R/L I do not have any interest in other sport's at all but! Matches of Saturday's nature are not ever a good advertisment for ANY form of sport, no matter which it be.

As I said previously, that England side would have been crucified by any Aussie side and any Kiwi side in the right frame of mind. Our half backs, one who is not at all good enough for the rep game and the other who has been tested so often at the top level only to flatter to deceive on so many occasions, would if matched against the Aussies or Kiwi's last week have looked like ducks out of water.

The centre's would have been crucified in defence and their wingers would not have got a try scoring chance possibly from either of them.

That England side did after 60 minutes flow like the wind when the amateurs and part time opposition was knackered, no disrespect intended there either, as I thought that they gave of their very best which unfortunately was never going to be adequete enough, let alone good enough.

Although I want to see the rep game get better and improve and yes I realise that there does require more games to be staged for the good of the international game to flourish, I cannot help but think that mismatches of this nature do not improve the standards of the vanquished one bit, not when the same thing is expected and then duly occurs upon an annual basis.

Gil Dudson gave a succint reply following the game when he admitted that from the start the Welsh knew they were on an hiding to nothing, gave their very best, but the gap between the standards that the respective sides play at was never going to result in any other way than it did. I thought that he put it very accurately and offered no excuses at all.

Your opening sentence could be taken as predictable, that is without regarding any thought to the quality of the opposition. Sadly I do not believe that any such hopes as you mention can be laid down following this showing from England by what I honestly believe would have had 40 or 50 points put on it by the two S/Hemi premier Nations.

England beat NZ 28-6 last time they met. HTH

England beat NZ 28-6 last time they met. HTH

Quite right and to give us further hope Papua New Guinea just about knocked off Australia masquerading as a Prime Ministers team very recently.

To put everything into perspective,as I stated in my original post, the standard of both the England and Wales performances can be put into context by the scoreline in the England v France game upcoming.

I see Bradford City have drawn Arsenal at home in the League Cup.

Using Lobbys theory, we can expect a crowd of 4-5k diehards as they are almost certain to lose (although I hope they win)

What will actually happen is the ground will be bursting at the seams. For an almost guaranteed defeat. Idiots!!

I see Bradford City have drawn Arsenal at home in the League Cup.

Using Lobbys theory, we can expect a crowd of 4-5k diehards as they are almost certain to lose (although I hope they win)

What will actually happen is the ground will be bursting at the seams. For an almost guaranteed defeat. Idiots!!

It will be full because association football has competitive scrums and five metre rule.

It will be full because association football has competitive scrums and five metre rule.

They should play it at Odsal and get a 30,000 crowd and pay the RFL for rent of the ground.