See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JohnM

England v France 3rd Nov

240 posts in this topic

Given the forum's evangelism for the International game, I thought I'd seek information.

Anyone going?

Tickets on the gate?

Car parking?

Travelling up from Sunny east London to see this, and visit the outlaws (two birds with one stone so to speak).. looking forward to it. Bet its gonna be bloody freezing though!!, especially as its in the east!

two birds with one stone

I hope one of them is a robin.

I hope one of them is a robin.

International discussion, or for Hull fan to obsess with Rovers.

Get yourself to Craven Park next Saturday and support international rugby.

Tickets arrived in the post this morning. We'll be there.

Wear a thick coat, it'll make Wrexham today seem like Catalans away in June in comparison. Plenty of on street parking and I'm looking forward to being in the big terrace down the side, rather than in the tosh terrace about two miles away behind the sticks.

Expecting England to build on today's performance.

It will be interesting to see how France go about this game. Do they throw everything at England hoping to give them a shock? Or will they be affected knowing they are playing them again the week after?

It will be interesting to see how France go about this game. Do they throw everything at England hoping to give them a shock? Or will they be affected knowing they are playing them again the week after?

I expect they will treat it like England did the Wales one, focus on the systems and processes they want to employ, rather than worry about the result or opposition. This match is ideal preparation for both sides going in to the final. They don't get many chances to play together as a team and this is one where they can practice in 'real time' without worrying too much about the result.

Can't make this one unfortunately, have a date with a large skip and an old kitchen to prepare for the builders Monday.

Will have the tv on good and loud though .

Not sure on how this game will sell considering the teams play one and other in Salford the following week.

Anyways, I have been loving this Autumn International Series so far with some really good rugby being played so I hope it is continued next Saturday.

im off to this one as its likley to be the only real contest at least for the first half.

Not many tickets left. Sold out in the South Stand and the majority of the West Stand.

Who in their right mind would choose to stand at the south end of the ground over the East Stand?

I'm going with a load of my mates. We'll be in the east stand getting jovially tanked up. Don't worry, we're not hoodlums, we're celebrating my turning 25. I accept congratulations in the form of pints and burgers so if anyone is coming we'll be on the half way line haha!!

Not sure on how this game will sell considering the teams play one and other in Salford the following week.

Seeing as most Rugby League supporters seem to find it a hardship to get from the car to the kerb there shouldn't be too much of an overlap between east and west.

Due to a change in a family get-together, I can make it to this game. It looks like the east stand is the place to be. I will be travelling by train and bus, so I can have a pint or two, and will probably wear my Salford shirt, sad old git that I am!

International discussion, or for Hull fan to obsess with Rovers.

Don't be so bloody soft. It was just a bit of humour. If my posts were as bitter as yours often are then you'd have summat to moan about.

As for the game, I'm thinking about meeting up with Tonyxiii and Mick Gledhill and may even get HKR away days a beer.

What's the closest train station?

Paragon in the city centre. If you then decide to travel by bus take the 42 and alight at the Marfleet Lane shops and walk the short distance, or the 43 and get off outside the ground. A taxi will cost you around £8.

A taxi will cost you around £8.

Sod that!

Don't be so bloody soft. It was just a bit of humour. If my posts were as bitter as yours often are then you'd have summat to moan about.

As for the game, I'm thinking about meeting up with Tonyxiii and Mick Gledhill and may even get HKR away days a beer.

Aw so sensitive.

Sod that!

[Obsessed mode]It's due to the higher insurance premiums they have to pay once they've crossed the river.[/Obsessed mode.]

You're all more than welcome to come stand with us, lads. We'll also be distributing leaflets about the Rovers Supporters Trust around 90 minutes before kick off. Then the drinking can commence.

Darren Lockyer is at KC's Carr Lane office on Friday afternoon with the World Cup. I've just applied through work to go have my picture taken with him.