Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JohnM

England v France 3rd Nov

240 posts in this topic

Even at 68-12, Hock feels the need to act like a s***house.

Thought I'd recycle last week's comment rather than bother with a new one. 38-0 this time though.

Good job really Dave two massive blow outs in internationals isn't good

i feel for France. Three bad injuries just wont have helped when playing a better team.

Theres some hope for France.

Hock Man of the Match. I've honestly got no words.

Seriously?

Have i watched a different game to Millward.

Here Hock goes again.

i feel for France. Three bad injuries just wont have helped when playing a better team.

Spot on, injuries unbalance a team.

I can't believe in the last 31 years the French are no closer and they've a team in super league

I hate to say it, but Parisurtout is right, we need more teams.

Thanks ! I wish you areright

:biggrin: even McNamara didnt agree with Hock as mom.

Looked embarrassed..... Mom Watkins for me....

Hock is a liability and if he is stupid enough to try the hard man act with the Aussies and Kiwis he will come off second best. Immensely talented player but his indiscipline is a joke. If McNamara was an international coach, he'd drop him.

Can only assume Millward was having a laugh.

Hock has everything an England forward needs to compete at the top apart from obviously the penalties. He actually runs round looking to dominate the tackle and run through the opposition, his aggressive is needed by England. Apart from the silly penalties he looked like he shouldn't be on the same pitch as JJB and Ablett ect. His intensity is needed to be passed round into Englands other forwards as the majority are so lack lusture its unreal. You can criticise Mr Hock all you want, but he was one of the few who looked like he was trying. If our forwards have that much intensity against Aus and Kiwis then we'll be kicking them the football and they'll be receiving it on their own 40 metre line and we'll have 40 - 50 points past us. Hock shouldn't of got MOM because of the penalties he gave away, but you shouldn't just pick him out infront of other England forwards when he was so much better in other areas.

Yeah Watkins had a fine game

Everyone else had a mixed bag

Spot on.

Yeah Watkins had a fine game

Everyone else had a mixed bag

Spot on. Distinct lack of intensity despite the after match praise for the test the French had given us.

Just on the way back from the game, thoughts......

1. Hock is a sh*thouse, but I like a lot of what he does. If he can cut the silly penalties he'll damage the better teams

2. We need two new half-backs.

3. Cudjoe isn't a RL player

4. Watkins looks very good

5. The East Stand have some quality songs!

Thought the game lacked a bit of intensity and we were always going to win, but enjoyed seeing some live RL.

Hock is an excellent player, but even ignoring the penalties, the amount of errors and inappropriate pssses he made were way ott for his level.

You weren't watching the game much were you Odsal Outlaw?

Well, I missed first ten minutes of second half after queing for 25 mins to find the 'Hot Drinks, Pies and Hot Dogs' stand had no Hot Dogs, Pies or hot drinks other than Bovril (which actually was very good), but other than that I saw the rest.

Hock Man of the Match. I've honestly got no words.

lee mossop mom for me

Well to single out Cudjoe over any other player means you just have a massive chip on your shoulder then against him for some reason

He didnt have a great game, but no one in an England shirt can claim that, he did some very good stuff and then some silly errors

Sounds like 1-17 for England

I can't believe in the last 31 years the French are no closer and they've a team in super league

France beat us in 1982, 1985 and 1990 too. Don't listen to that BBC nonsense about 31 years. For much of the 70s, 80s and 90s they were quite competitive games.

They told us that putting Catalans in our competition would improve rugby league in France and thus their national team would provide more testing international competition for us. They lied.

Or perhaps England who have 13 teams in this league have just improved more.

How bad would France be if none of those players played in SL?

France beat us in 1982, 1985 and 1990 too. Don't listen to that BBC nonsense about 31 years. For much of the 70s, 80s and 90s they were quite competitive games.

They told us that putting Catalans in our competition would improve rugby league in France and thus their national team would provide more testing international competition for us. They lied.

In 1982 and 1985 there were around 5-10 full-time players in England and none in France. In 2013 there are around 260 full-time players in England and around 20 in France. Yeah, they should be hammering us. HTH

Well to single out Cudjoe over any other player means you just have a massive chip on your shoulder then against him for some reason

He didnt have a great game, but no one in an England shirt can claim that, he did some very good stuff and then some silly errors

Sounds like 1-17 for England

Ok, to expand on the Cudjoe point, my view on him generally as a player is that he not a natural rugby player and I think looks a bit awkward in a similar way to Ben Jones Bishop at Leeds who never really looks like he fancies it. That's not to say either are bad players but I don't think they have the natural ability to be top class, unlike say Watkins, who looks naturally gifted.

No chip on my shoulder though, calm yourself.

I was really glad to watch this game.

Hope the Aussie and Kiwis missed. If they saw it they will be shitting themselves, thinking how we are going to rip them apart in the world cup.