Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old school

Northwest counties winter league 2012/2013

40 posts in this topic

NORTH WEST COUNTIES (Open-Age) AMATEUR RUGBY LEAGUE – WINTER

Results: Match 7 - 27 October 2012

Albert Park

v

Leigh East

Blackbrook

v

Rylands Sharks

Blackpool Scorpions

v

Higginshaw

Irlam Hornets

v

Langworthy Reds

Widnes Moorfield

v

Golborne Parkside

Widnes Tigers

v

Dalton

Match 8

-

3 November 2012

Golborne Parkside

v

Albert Park

Leigh East

v

Blackbrook

Blackpool Scorpions

v

Irlam Hornets

Higginshaw

v

Widnes Tigers

Thatto Heath

v

Widnes Moorfield

Dalton

v

Rylands Sharks

Match 8

-

3 November 2012

Golborne Parkside

v

Albert Park

Leigh East

v

Blackbrook

Blackpool Scorpions

v

Irlam Hornets

Higginshaw

v

Widnes Tigers

Thatto Heath

v

Widnes Moorfield

Dalton

v

Rylands Sharks

The results and table of this league are now on the www.northwestrugbyleague.co.uk website

Higginshaw 34 - 24 widnes tigers tough game widnes played well but a very very poor performance from Higgy should have been 30 -0 after twenty mins but bombed numerous chances against a better side this would have been exposed.

Higginshaw 46 26 thatto Heath one Higgy player in hospital after a cowardly cheap shot fractured cheek bone and eye socket absolutely shocking to say they are a conference out fit seen a lot of bleating on there part on other threads about how hard done to they are absolutely tosh team of thugs to tried to bully and got there comupence !!!! See you in oldham lads better bring a full first team not just the 5 that played today development team my ###### !!!!!!

Higginshaw 46 26 thatto Heath one Higgy player in hospital after a cowardly cheap shot fractured cheek bone and eye socket absolutely shocking to say they are a conference out fit seen a lot of bleating on there part on other threads about how hard done to they are absolutely tosh team of thugs to tried to bully and got there comupence !!!! See you in oldham lads better bring a full first team not just the 5 that played today development team my ###### !!!!!!

is the nwc winter league now a development league or can anyone play?

No it's a full winter league as am aware but on a post on another thread/forum it was stated thatto winter side ws a new team with players new to the game and a few who had not played for numerous years then lo and behold Sean Quinn is in the team with a couple of others name players !!!!!! I

No it's a full winter league and very competitive but on a post on another thread/forum it was stated thatto winter side was a new team with players new to the game and a few who had not played for numerous years then lo and behold Sean Quinn is in the team with a couple of others name players and a few of thee second team from summer !!!!!! I

No it's a full winter league and very competitive but on a post on another thread/forum it was stated thatto winter side was a new team with players new to the game and a few who had not played for numerous years then lo and behold Sean Quinn is in the team with a couple of others name players and a few of thee second team from summer !!!!!! I

Looking like the reverse of the proceeds before the switch to summer.

Again what has your comment got to do with this topic This is a winter league thread please don't be spoiling it with the summer/winter tripe that you put on every Other thread !!!!!!

Again what has your comment got to do with this topic This is a winter league thread please don't be spoiling it with the summer/winter tripe that you put on every Other thread !!!!!!

So does it or does it not look like what I said, being old school it does to me.

With this being a site that neither you or me have the last say in I'll post what I like when I lik within the rules, Thank you ;)

So does it or does it not look like what I said, being old school it does to me.

With this being a site that neither you or me have the last say in I'll post what I like when I lik within the rules, Thank you ;)

Summer or winter does not come in to it the point I was making was thatto should have not claimed that it was new side they just should have been open and said lads want to play all year round !!!!

You as like myself can post what ever you want but am sure people who read this thread for the results update and fixtures don't want to be reading about your dislike for the leagues who have switched its rather boring seeing it on every other thread !!!! Now I won't be commenting on the subject again and will revert back to the orginal thread . summer has happened get over it !!!!!

Widnes Moorfield vs. Albert Park

Rochdale Mayfield 'B' vs. Blackbrook

Dalton vs. Blackpool Scorpions

Thatto Heath Crusaders vs. Irlam Hornets

Golborne Parkside vs. Langworthy Reds

Rylands Sharks vs. Widnes Tigers

Eccles vs. Higginshaw

No it's a full winter league and very competitive but on a post on another thread/forum it was stated thatto winter side was a new team with players new to the game and a few who had not played for numerous years then lo and behold is in the team from summer !!!!!! I

I wasn't at the game but as far as i'm aware the only players that played in the game that had played in the summer for Thatto Heath were Shaun Quinn, Andy Lea (both of whom answered last minute calls as the team only had 13 plus the physio) and Craig Holland (2nd team fringe player). A far stretch form the 5 first teamers we had in the initial post and even from the "Sean Quinn.....and with a couple of others name players and a few of thee second team". Get over it Higginshaw are a set of bullies that don't like being stood up to.

Get over it Higginshaw are a set of bullies that don't like being stood up to.

Al pass this part on to the lad with a fractured cheek bone and eye socket, Great to see your club condones this type of action !!!

No it's a full winter league as am aware but on a post on another thread/forum it was stated thatto winter side ws a new team with players new to the game and a few who had not played for numerous years then lo and behold Sean Quinn is in the team with a couple of others name players !!!!!! I

sounds like you was disappointed at not playing a 'new team with players new to the game and a few who had not played for numerous years'.

Al pass this part on to the lad with a fractured cheek bone and eye socket, Great to see your club condones this type of action !!!

Not at all, as I said I wasn't there but from what i've been told Higginshaw gave as good as they got - which you obviously acknowledge as you've said Thatto Heath "got their comupance". For the record I hope the injured player recovers quickly.

sounds like you was disappointed at not playing a 'new team with players new to the game and a few who had not played for numerous years'.

Not really kid I couldnt care less who we play against I turn up for the fun and the enjoyment as do all the Higgy lads after numerous season of struggling to keep a float and then losing players as they decided to play summer (which is their choice and left with best wishes from the club) but make no mistake after losing quiet often it's nice to be winning !!!!

Any way back to the topic in hand

Good to see Eccles have got a team going (game is on Saturday) going to be tough down there as always !!!

Saturday 1st December

Widnes Moorfield 16 v 18 Albert Park

Rochdale Mayfield 0 v 16 Blackbrook

Dalton P v P Blackpool Scorpions

Thatto Heath 34 v 26 Irlam Hornets

Golborne Parkside P v P Langworthy Reds

Eccles 0 v 54 Higginshaw

Rylands Sharks 36 v 12 Widnes Tigers

Saturday 8th December 2.00 pm

Blackbrook v Widnes Moorfield

Eccles v Leigh East

Irlam Hornets v Golborne Parkside

Rylands Sharks v Rochdale Mayfield

Langworthy Reds v Blackpool Scorpions

Widnes Tigers v Thatto Heath

Albert Park v Higginshaw

Some good wins at the weekend has set this league alight,great result by thatto against top of the league irlam it was also great to see Eccles put a team out with a few old boys and a bear 13 they did there club proud. Very clinical display from Higgy scoring some exciting tries.