Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Segovia Carpet

Now then Now then Hows about this then - 6 Divisions

12 posts in this topic

May not be as daft an idea as you think.

Split the season into 2 halves.

6 teams in each Division plus Cups.

Promotion & Relegation every half season.

Now then - who is up for this radical proposal.

I don't think that your title is in very good taste.

I caught on to that. Then I looked at his avatar and thought, 'It isn't, is it?' and then I realised it was Tommy Cooper :D

How about taking the 28 clubs from the Super League and Championship, and then creating 14 divisions of 2: Super League, Super League 2, Super League 3, all the way to Super league 13.

Automatic p & r, 1 up 1 down throughout, should keep everyone happy. I did consider play-offs but it wouldn't seem fair to include a relegated side in the play-off. Over a regular summer season every club should win at least one divisional championship (as well as being relegated).

How about taking the 28 clubs from the Super League and Championship, and then creating 14 divisions of 2: Super League, Super League 2, Super League 3, all the way to Super league 13.

Automatic p & r, 1 up 1 down throughout, should keep everyone happy. I did consider play-offs but it wouldn't seem fair to include a relegated side in the play-off. Over a regular summer season every club should win at least one divisional championship (as well as being relegated).

That's just tinkering. Surely the way forward is 28 divisions of 1. Everyone is a champion side, high scoring games are eliminated and standards are raised overnight.

14 divisions of two for mine

auto prom and reg, one up one down.

that means that almost half the clubs get promoted and the other half get relegated. Job's a good un.

two teams playng each other at home qnd away every weeek, should be great for developing rivalrys, and there should be some very tight games since teqams will get to know each other really well.

play off system players of all teams meet on the pitch at OT and get laced into each other in a mass game of playground rugby. last man standing is the Champion.

That's just tinkering. Surely the way forward is 28 divisions of 1. Everyone is a champion side, high scoring games are eliminated and standards are raised overnight.

From some of the international threads I've read in recent weeks, I genuinely think some people would favour that as the system for international RL.

No-one gets battered, no poor crowds and RU doesn't split its sides watching. And Sam Tomkins stays in RL.

But you get relegated to the amateur leagues for going into adminsistration. :D

But you get relegated to the amateur leagues for going into adminsistration. :D

No such thing. Every club in the land is a powerhouse! No relegation ever again.

play off system players of all teams meet on the pitch at OT and get laced into each other in a mass game of playground rugby. last man standing is the Champion.

At first I thought you were taking the pee, but that would be .....AWESOME!