Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bearman

The last Stobart truck?

40 posts in this topic

Just spotted my first Stobart Truck. Bradford Bulls near Weston Super Mare.

Having finally seen one in the flesh it is clear the trucks look like advertising for Sky Sports rather than Rugby League, and that the scarcity of them destroyed the opportunity for this to have been a great value piece of marketing.

Saw five on Friday - Huddersfield, Wakefield and Catalans on the M25 clockwise betweeen M11 and Dartford Crossing, Widnes on the M11 and Wigan on the A14 (E).

Then on Saturday I saw St Helens on the A6 out in the Peak District.

I saw loads of them when the deal was active, mostly up and down the A1

I went to Oakham down the A1 a couple of weeks ago and saw three in a relatively short journey.

Wakey one is a1 n at Newark

I saw that on Sunday - reasonable size depot at Newark (you can only just make out the top of them from the A1 though) and have seen plenty near there.

Seen a Hull truck heading north on the M74 in Scotland this afternoon as I was heading back to sunny Cumbria. Funnily enough out of all the trucks I've seen I can only remember seeing one that was going in the same direction as me

Warrington in the goods yard at work last Tuesday

Seen a Hull truck heading north on the M74 in Scotland this afternoon as I was heading back to sunny Cumbria. Funnily enough out of all the trucks I've seen I can only remember seeing one that was going in the same direction as me

Statistics, my dear Watson.

I'm no mathematician and I'm sure there are plenty on here that could work out a formula. Basically trucks on the other carriage way are passing you at their speed + your speed.

Example if you are doing 80mph and they are 60mph you have a 140 mph passing speed. If the same speeds are used on your side of the carriage way then it's 80-60= 20mph so you would expect to pass 7 times more trucks on the opposite carriage way to your own.

I will now stand back whilst those people with maths skills point out why I am wrong.

Wakey one parked up on a very windy A73 southbound near Abington services.