Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Futtocks

Hurricane Danny!

35 posts in this topic

How dare he be broadcasting on BBC London, eh?

Meh

Well, if you define someone by where they come from, I'm sure you won't.

Lighten up mate, I'm sure you know I don't

Danny Baker is the best broadcaster on British radio.His Radio 5 Live Saturday morning programme is brilliant and I wish he was still on 606!

Yes, yes and yes!

has he got a god given right to a gig on the radio or something?

He's a radio dj FFS not the tribune of the people. people are losing their jobs all the time, why shouldn't he?

I thought his invoking of his illness was a cheap shot and undignified.

He seems to have an over developed sense of his own importance, and the importance of people who talk on the radio and play records, hoiwever good they are at it.

He's a radio dj FFS ... people are losing their jobs all the time, why shouldn't he?

Have you been reading the Daily Mail Chris?

Have you been reading the Daily Mail Chris?

I sometgimes dip in to see what we're up against.

Baker's lost his job, You'd think he was exempt because hey he's a radio dj and they really matter don't they. I just think he's a self important tosser

Well, he did go off on one which is unfortunate, but he's an excellent broadcaster - when he did those Daz ads all those years ago I just didn't get it. Over the last few years I've listened to his Saturday morning show on 5 Live and it's really good - funny, odd, unlike anything else on the station (compare it, for example, to the smug comedic circle j*rk that is "Seven Day Sunday" with Al Murray and pals… yawn). He's very good at what he does, and an asset to the BBC. Or was, at any rate.

I'd much rather have him doing 6-0-6 than, say, Alan Green, who spits the dummy when callers disagree with his pompous, self-righteous opinions.

Well, he did go off on one which is unfortunate, but he's an excellent broadcaster - when he did those Daz ads all those years ago I just didn't get it. Over the last few years I've listened to his Saturday morning show on 5 Live and it's really good - funny, odd, unlike anything else on the station (compare it, for example, to the smug comedic circle j*rk that is "Seven Day Sunday" with Al Murray and pals… yawn). He's very good at what he does, and an asset to the BBC. Or was, at any rate.

I'd much rather have him doing 6-0-6 than, say, Alan Green, who spits the dummy when callers disagree with his pompous, self-righteous opinions.