Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geoff Lee

Well done, some people in Rochdale

8 posts in this topic

Travelling into Rochdale town centre this morning, I was very pleased to see posters advertising the 2013 Rugby League World Cup.

Well done to whoever was responsible.

I've been to Rochdale, therefore I claim to be some person in Rochdale, at least in the past. Can I claim the glory?

I went there once to watch Rochdale soccer team play, when the "toilets" was just a wall you stood behind. Can I claim credit?

This is probably an example of the sucess of giving games to towns and cities who made the best submissions of why they should get a WC game.This advertising is probably an example of the organising commitee in Rochdale bringing their plans for the game to fruition.

If so, it is another example of the foresight and planning which appear to have gone into the organisation of the 2013 RWC.

they are spread around the town including one outside morrisons which is built on the site of the old athletic ground

The bidding process for venues seems to be working out well. It seems to be tying in lots of other people and organisations to help promote the games and get out to new audiences.

I went there once to watch Rochdale soccer team play, when the "toilets" was just a wall you stood behind. Can I claim credit?

Brings back memories. If you were tall enough you could watch the game whilst having a pee!