Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graham

Folau Back

11 posts in this topic

Izzy Folau is returning to the fold. While in AFL he got good money - reputedly $1 million a season - his on field experience wasn't what he's have wanted.

It's rumoured that Eels are the front runners to sign him.

Will be interesting to see which club grabs him and whether he'll come back in as good a form as when he left NRL

One article I read speculates that he will come back to League a better athlete:

But the other way of looking at it is this: In that two years Folau became better conditioned aerobically while learning to catch, kick and look for space - which can't hurt his rugby league in all, especially at fullback.

When Folau left rugby league he weighed 104kg; now he's 97kg and his body fat trimmed from 7 per cent to 4 per cent.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/a-new-and-improved-israel-folau-shapes-up-for-a-switch-to-fullback-at-parramatta-after-leaving-afl/story-fn2mcuj6-1226509644023#ixzz2B9o2Pjd2

One article I read speculates that he will come back to League a better athlete:

No doubt he will have to bulk back up for RL. AFL does not require the explosive strength needed in League. His defusing of bombs may have got better but from what I remember he was good in the air anyway.

No doubt he will have to bulk back up for RL. AFL does not require the explosive strength needed in League. His defusing of bombs may have got better but from what I remember he was good in the air anyway.

... could make a good full back.

A report I read from the AFL was unkind to say the least about some of his performances in that game.

Hmm ?

Izzy was leaving Storm because his parents wanted him to complete his mormon 'mission'.

Then it became the Broncos,so he could be close to family.

Not sure what rationale was used to justify a code he had no skill at ?

Living in AFL central I don't think I've ever heard a kind word in the media about him as a player ?

As I said when I shook hands with him at his last Storm game - Good Luck Izzy !

I'm afraid this time he's going to need more of it.

Hmm ?

Izzy was leaving Storm because his parents wanted him to complete his mormon 'mission'.

Then it became the Broncos,so he could be close to family.

Not sure what rationale was used to justify a code he had no skill at ?

Living in AFL central I don't think I've ever heard a kind word in the media about him as a player ?

As I said when I shook hands with him at his last Storm game - Good Luck Izzy !

I'm afraid this time he's going to need more of it.

400K/yr in the NRL

1+M/year in the AFL.

Are you aware about tithing in the Mormon church? It was obvious from the start he was pressured into it. Look at how often he says he did it for his family.

Not yet he is not.

He has signed a 1 year contract to play rugby union in the super rugby comp with the New South Wales Waratahs. Rumour has it he is waiting to see if his old Melbourne Storm coach Graig Bellamy will sign with the St George Illawarra Dragons for the 2014 season and beyond as he wants to play under Bellamy again.

Rumour has it he is waiting to see if his old Melbourne Storm coach Graig Bellamy will sign with the St George Illawarra Dragons for the 2014 season and beyond as he wants to play under Bellamy again

I hope then that he's thwarted all ends up in that little plan.

Folau will be back in a Melbourne storm jumper in 2014

I saw an article that said Bulldogs were after him for 2014 as they had money to spare under salary cap.

Bulldogs are always after everybody that they can buy. Folau needs a coach of the stature of Bellamy or Bennett to get the best out of him. In saying that Hasler is not far behind Bellamy & Bennett and closing in fast.