Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Futtocks

And the Stonewall Sport of the Year is...

Saintslass    1,300

when filing in forms i refuse to answer any questions on race , religion or sexual orentation on the grounds that as far as i am concerned it does not matter and we are all equal .

i do except that i may be very much in a minority

I take the same approach. Application forms for jobs annoy me the most because although by law organisations are not allowed to determine your suitability for employment on such matters as gender, race, etc, more and more often the so-called 'equal opportunities monitoring' form is integrated within the application form. I still leave it blank.

John Rhino    525

it was, but it was there all the same

I thought the contrast between RL's award and the bigot of the hear award was telling all the same.

It would have been nicer if the article had been given a positive spin by bigging up RL's and others contribution rather than that disgusting man's bigot of the year award.

My point exactly.

Johnoco    3,349

sorry but i think that shows how little progress has been made in general when that question still needs to be asked as if it makes any difference at all as to the worth of a person .

when filing in forms i refuse to answer any questions on race , religion or sexual orentation on the grounds that as far as i am concerned it does not matter and we are all equal .

i do except that i may be very much in a minority

That's all well and good and are laudable intentions. However, in reality people do face discrimination. So being able to say 'there are X gay players actively playing RL today' could be used to illustrate that you are also welcome to play or support the game.

That's all well and good and are laudable intentions. However, in reality people do face discrimination. So being able to say 'there are X gay players actively playing RL today' could be used to illustrate that you are also welcome to play or support the game.

your comment illustrates the point well when you say YOU ARE ALSO WELCOME TO PLAY OR SUPPORT THE GAME. to me its a given that our game is open to everyone regrdless of gender/race/religion or sexual preference.

as i said i do realise i am in the minority but that does not devalue my own opinion or indeed yours

clement    1

I don't wish anyone any harm but if ever gay marriage comes in and i'm asked if i'm married I would have to go out of my way and say YES to a WOMAN though.

John Rhino    525

I don't wish anyone any harm but if ever gay marriage comes in and i'm asked if i'm married I would have to go out of my way and say YES to a WOMAN though.

I'm sorry but that's just perverse.

Have you never shared a flat or house with a bloke and referred to him as my flatmate? People do this all the time these days with people of all genders - it's just not necessary to be specific.

Nor should anyone, including you, care what sex of person you are married to.

Johnoco    3,349

your comment illustrates the point well when you say YOU ARE ALSO WELCOME TO PLAY OR SUPPORT THE GAME. to me its a given that our game is open to everyone regrdless of gender/race/religion or sexual preference.

as i said i do realise i am in the minority but that does not devalue my own opinion or indeed yours

I wasn't devaluing your opinion, not for a second. Just pointing out that whilst you may assume everyone doesn't judge people on their race or sexual preference, plenty do.

Johnoco    3,349

Good job you put 'woman' in large type, otherwise we might have thought you were actually married to a man. :)

terrywebbisgod    1,373

Sounds like you are married to your right hand ;)

clement    1

Look it's like when some official asks you if you've got a partner,me not liking all this PC gargabe says no,I havn't got a partner i've got a wife.Same when filling in forms.

Bleep1673    149

I have a partner, not a wife, not sure what else to call her really.

Actually a few things spring to mind...