Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scubby

Dureau will qualify for France next year

54 posts in this topic

It's unrealistic to expect France to compete with the likes of England, Australia & NZ until they reach the point where they can name squads of 25 full-time professional players. Until then, they'll always be playing with weak links which the top 3 should be able to exploit. That said they are slowly getting there, but a second French SL team would help fast track this.

Anyway, as for Dureau, if he is available and ready to play for France next year, then the French should take him. Just like Fein for the Kiwis, Dureau will help take pressure off the likes of Bosc, and help strengthen the French halves overall. Added to that, it helps add depth in that position for the French (surely only 1 more option, but it's still 1 more), and could potentially allow France to develop a halves combination for the next 3-4 years, which will only improve their performance.

You don't want France filling their team with players who only qualify under residency, but a handful will help improve their competitiveness in the short term. I hope for the World Cup next year that they do look to consider Greenshields and Dureau.

I hope for the World Cup next year that they do look to consider Greenshields and Dureau.

I forgot all about Greenshields. He played in the 2009 FN and he has a contract next season with North Queensland Cowboys. To date has been one of the Catalans best ever signings. What a way of finally severing his playing contacts with France by representing them in 2013 WC.

The key is getting french boys in spine positions in sl footy. Fages will play some footy at 6 or 7 at salford next season.

the ###### key is getting english players in spine positions in sl footy.................................get real will you i like the overwhelming majority of posters on this forum want to see a bloody strong english team well before the bloody freanch!!!

the ###### key is getting english players in spine positions in sl footy.................................get real will you i like the overwhelming majority of posters on this forum want to see a bloody strong english team well before the bloody freanch!!!