Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

casablanca

2012 End of Season awards - Winners

11 posts in this topic

So looks like Thacks got the official player of the year, Philips and Matty get the players choice, Philips gets the supporters clubs pick, Miller gets the news and star award, and Stack & Mossop get the coaches pick.

I think that spread shows how hard a choice it was and Congrats to all the winners.

Miller never won the try of the season which was a suprise to me!

Anyone know who was Barrow & Havens players of the year?

Thanks for that link , interesting read . So many different names is always a good sign . Can't argue with most , although I'd gently lobby for Millers Oldham try as the best , and Mossop as most improved . But well done to all . One thing some other teams or leagues do is hit of the season , is there any single tackle by a player that sticks in the mind for anyone ?

Think Rooney would get hit of the season for some of his monsters, especially against the jameaters.

I did here that havens was cancelled through lack of support but maybe luggsy could tell us. Mind i think they had an imposable task trying to pick a player of the year from that ######.

In that case we will have one for them! I'll start -

Havens coach of the year goes to .......Reays with Mr Bishop a runner up.

Haircut of the year...... SJP.

Well done to those who won awards. Some difficult decisons as there was some very good seasons from sevral players

So many different names is always a good sign .

Exactly my thought, shows everyone had a part to play and played that part. Its a team/squad game now more than ever.

Hit of the year would have to be Thacks away to Doncaster. Bone cruncher. Agree about the try. The miller one against Oldham was outstanding

Liam Harrison got Barrows player of the year, Evening Mail player of ther year, players player of the year and supporters player of the year.

James Gordon most improved player

Liam Campbell top tryscorer

Andy Dawson Young player of the year

Lee

...Liam Campbell top try scorer

Interesting that your scrum half was top try scorer. Also I would imagine Kaighan got a few. Its an area we need to improve on ?