Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hullfan

Dobson to hull fc ?

55 posts in this topic

Thank you very much for that post. Interesting and informative. Good luck......

Do you really mean that. I thought you wanted Hull KR out of SL so you could achieve your dream of a SL composed on Mega clubs, Hull FC being one of them.

just read the hull kr have signed a young unproven forward from huddersfield, sandercock has said he fits what we want, a young british forward!!!!! what are Watts and Taylor? or have i missed something

just read the hull kr have signed a young unproven forward from huddersfield, sandercock has said he fits what we want, a young british forward!!!!! what are Watts and Taylor? or have i missed something

They are both young, British forwards.

Both circumstances are different but equally difficult. Watts was a disruption who didn't pull his weight, found out Hull were interested and jumped ship. That was for the best of both parties in the end.

Taylor's situation dragged on for ages. A contract was offered, Taylor said he wanted to stay, Hudgell said Taylor refused to negotiate and with him having only a year left on his deal cut their losses and sold him for around £100k.

It is all well and good saying we want young British forwards in the squad but if they see their futures elsewhere, what can you do? You can't force a player to stay and rot in the reserves, particularly when we would make money out of them.

It is a shame the way it happened but you deal with it and move on. We have done so and signed Adam Walker, for a fee, on a 3-year deal. He wants to be here, all the very best to the kid.

The decision was never in doubt. In Galea's long absense last season Dobson deputised and did a great job, although I am of the opinion that the captain tag is overrated.