Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oracle

Signed Australian Test shirt

11 posts in this topic

Recently come into possession of a fully signed Australian test shirt with 22 signatures on it.

Signatures i can make out so far are:

• Matt Bowen
  • Danny Buderus
  • Matt Cooper
  • Petro Civonoceva
  • Jason Ryles

Think another maybe Matt Sing. Anyone able to tell me what the full squad was and what year it was?

Well, Matt Bowen only played twice for Australia, which was in the period 2004-2005. Here's some Wikipedia bumf:

In 2004, "Bowen was selected in the Australian Kangaroos squad for a Tri-Nations series against New Zealand and Great Britain. His selection followed a season in which the Cowboys finished one match away from qualifying for their first NRL Grand Final. He played as fullback in a tour match against Cumbria, scoring a try, although did not play in the Tri-Nations series, with Anthony Minichello preferred as the Kangaroos' fullback. However, after the Tri-Nations series, he made his Test debut in a one-off match against France in Carcassonne, that Australia won 52–30. On the touring squad's return journey to Australia, he scored three tries in a non-Test exhibition match against the United States in Philadelphia."

That should help you narrow it down, unless he signed the shirt as a non-playing squad member.

why they cant write legibilly is beyond me!

:lol: Absolutely fantastic!

:D

Leggy Billy didn't make his debut until 2008, he won't be on there.

Maybe becuase its a signeture and not printed?

:lol:

If it's 2004, Buderus was hooker in the full strength team for the Tri-Nations, not Wing.

Everybody remember the Tri-Nations Final that year? 40 minutes of almost perfect football from the Kangaroos and it was 38-0. Game over. This place went into meltdown.

Everybody remember the Tri-Nations Final that year? 40 minutes of almost perfect football from the Kangaroos and it was 38-0. Game over. This place went into meltdown.

Even the Kangaroos looked a bit shocked by that performance!

If it's 2004, Buderus was hooker in the full strength team for the Tri-Nations, not Wing.

If you asked Viking Warrior and Lesmets about that era now, they'd swear blind it was GB that won, in front of an 80,000 sellout at Wembley.

I am talking about the French Test where Bowen was in the team as per the link.